Help identifying new seedling

Arch1

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Ordered and a bunch of seeds a while back (Bodhi Tree, Blue Spruce, and Japanese Cedar) and planted some a week ago. This fellow was the only one to emerge so far, popping up after just three days, but based on several searches, doesn't look to me like a seedling for any of those three.

Don't suppose someone recognizes what it is?
UnknownSeedling1.jpgUnknownSeedling2.jpg

LittleDingus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looks like a type of dandelion :D

Add where you're from (a nearby metro is good enough) to your profile and it will appear to the left of your posts and help others provide regional information.

...and welcome to the site!

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Sonchus oleraceus is the identity as far as I know. Their seeds travel through the wind and they root deep. They can also grow back from their roots, so take it out as soon as possible.
I find a lot of them every year on my balcony and they're a "great" source of leaf miners that hop on to my precious plants.

Arch1

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Thanks for the help and info. Already took it out and placed it in a separate container.
Figure it must have come with one of the seed packages, since it couldn't have come from the outside (sealed balcony) and I can't see it surviving being in the soil mix while it was sterilized.
Hopefully this is a sign I'm doing things right and the tree seedlings will be sprouting shortly. :)

Top Bottom