Reaction score
Going to really open up, this is embarrassing for me. I’m 35 yo and my mom is alarmingly obsessed with her bonsai trees. One in particular mut or runt of them actually. I ? understand. It’s not even that big. Like I could fit it in my clear NFL stadium bag and no one would even flinch. Size aside, I think it’s dead. It’s turning tan. I heard not to move it... but I did on accident. Honestly it looks fake.

Are these things living creatures able to sense someone isn’t present? I’ve watered it like twice a day and it’s just ruining the leather inlay mahogany table.

The other Little nut trees AND EVEN THE ORCHID are FINE!!!!

Relevant back story: I’ve killed 4 rubber plants and my mother has had full custody of my dog for 8 years.

Anyone have one about 8” tall I can borrow permanently or buy? Or any good ideas for a fake?

Live in the great Bear Bryant state. Roll Tide... appreciate all advice. Except from Auburn. I have no affiliation to Harvey Updyke but could care less about your trees & know you’re going to capitalize on my vulnerability right now.

Ps: I have 6 days before I need a good fake or temp solution. Neighbor lady is going to chaperone while I bask in the pollen and azaleas in Augusta.

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
My condolences to your mother's bonsai rubber plant.

I buy lots of stuff on Amazon. Heck I type in anything and stuff pops up on the screen. I click buy and its at the door.

Rubber plants made of real rubber last longer than you and I.

Reaction score
Do you have a picture of it?
I will take one. Honestly I’ve given up and really don’t know what to do.

I swear the thing looks fake... but last night it started turning tan.

Maybe mom is on to something, everyone should have a passion, but I never thought a plant would be more difficult than a pet.

I’m frustrated and half of me cares, but half of me is like screw it. She knows my thumbs are crimson and not green.

My mother is probably legit worried right now, but she doesn’t have cell service until Sunday morning.

I don’t know if it’s salvagable or not. It won’t drink or absorb water. I ?get it.

Reaction score
My condolences to your mother's bonsai rubber plant.

I buy lots of stuff on Amazon. Heck I type in anything and stuff pops up on the screen. I click buy and its at the door.

Rubber plants made of real rubber last longer than you and I.
But it’s her Amazon Prine account. If she sees I bought a fake one she will know.

Any recommendations on a good fake florist? Not like Jo-Ann fabrics like a good fake

Reaction score
Dont feed the troll
I haven’t fed it anything. Is there like a cortisone booster for bonsai trees?

Why is this a tree? Why doesn’t my mom care about the Bradford pear out front?

How do you know if it needs fed? I’m researching and realizing I probably drowned the damned thing but every other plant in the house is watered twice a day. Wouldn’t the little leave things fall off?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Going to really open up, this is embarrassing for me. I’m 35 yo and my mom is alarmingly obsessed with her bonsai trees. One in particular mut or runt of them actually. I ? understand. It’s not even that big. Like I could fit it in my clear NFL stadium bag and no one would even flinch. Size aside, I think it’s dead. It’s turning tan. I heard not to move it... but I did on accident. Honestly it looks fake.

Are these things living creatures able to sense someone isn’t present? I’ve watered it like twice a day and it’s just ruining the leather inlay mahogany table.

The other Little nut trees AND EVEN THE ORCHID are FINE!!!!

Relevant back story: I’ve killed 4 rubber plants and my mother has had full custody of my dog for 8 years.

Anyone have one about 8” tall I can borrow permanently or buy? Or any good ideas for a fake?

Live in the great Bear Bryant state. Roll Tide... appreciate all advice. Except from Auburn. I have no affiliation to Harvey Updyke but could care less about your trees & know you’re going to capitalize on my vulnerability right now.

Ps: I have 6 days before I need a good fake or temp solution. Neighbor lady is going to chaperone while I bask in the pollen and azaleas in Augusta.
Looks deader than a doornail to me. It's best to flee the country while you still can.

Top Bottom