Help! Is there any hope for savig my bonsai?

katiekatie24

Seedling
Reaction score
Hi. I need some urgent help of my bonsai can still be saved. It is small chinese elm species and I'm worried that it may have died.

Last month the tree lost all its leaves but I kept it watered and hoped that it would recover. I have read online that to check if tree is still alive, I have to look for green layer under bark if I scratch the tree. I have done the test in several places on the branches and trunk but I can't see the green layer. There is only one small area at the bottom of the trunk where there is a little green ( please see picture). Is there a chance it is still alive and may be saved? If so, how to save it? Please help.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230126-234933_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230126-234933_Gallery.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20230126-224615_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230126-224615_Gallery.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 43

Hbhaska

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
What’s your location? I would put the tree outside and wait till spring to see if it pops a bud or two.

katiekatie24

Seedling
Reaction score
What’s your location? I would put the tree outside and wait till spring to see if it pops a bud or two.
Its south of UK. Currently few degrees at day time. And -10C ar night. Would it survive being put outside from warm place with heating? It sounds like it may be a shock.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Its south of UK. Currently few degrees at day time. And -10C ar night. Would it survive being put outside from warm place with heating? It sounds like it may be a shock.
I am not trying to sound like an ass, but you are not going to shock a dead tree.

Top Bottom