Help Needed for Green Island Ficus

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Don't think it's anything more than reaction to environmental change. Perhaps the exposure to temperature extremes and maybe staying a bit damp while in the heated greenhouse.
Also realize that the bottoms of some pots can be a bit wonky. A little depression in the clay can allow water to pool. Maybe tilt the pot a bit to try for more thorough drainage.
Wait until the weather warms a bit in your area before repot. Closely monitor soil dampness, particularly if it defoliates.
Root rot will stink enough that you might catch a whiff of decomposing plant matter. Don't think that's the case here, I'm leaning towards environmental change response.

Update progress accordingly and good luck my friend!!:cool::D:D:D

Raindog

Sapling
Reaction score
It appears to be coming back. Most leaves turned yellow. I repotted it, which it didn't seem to need, the roots looked good. I defoliated all the yellow leaves and now it seems to be growing healthy ones.
Thx for the inquiry.

BISTEK

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I would prune all the leaves and see what happens, its growing season, it will surely bounce back.

Ali Raza

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
My ficus was showing same symptoms in the month of march. I like to share some of procedure and their effects.

1. My ficus was already in well drain soil with pumice and crushed red bricks. (So soil is not the issue)
2. I water my ficus when soil seems dry and do not follow some hard and fast rule. (watering is also knocked out)
3. I removed the infected leaves so that new leaves not get infected. (It didn't went well, still new leaves have spot removing more leaves can weaken plant)
4. I sprayed them with fungus powder mixed them in water with 1 week interval. ( Guess What I finally got rid of fungus)

Top Bottom