HELP needed. My Wisterias are dying?

jose

Sapling
Reaction score
Hello my wisterias are like 6 months old from seed and all the leave were beginning to get like sick with DRY spots, well i was very busy at work and only water them when needed ( all my plants) but the wisterias drop all the leafs ill post some pic soon if needed. any advice will i be able to save them ? do i have to remove them from the sun ( only morning sun hit them after 12:00PM starts the shade) I live in puerto rico, if need more info ask. please help.
thanks in advance

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Hello my wisterias are like 6 months old from seed and all the leave were beginning to get like sick with DRY spots, well i was very busy at work and only water them when needed ( all my plants) but the wisterias drop all the leafs ill post some pic soon if needed. any advice will i be able to save them ? do i have to remove them from the sun ( only morning sun hit them after 12:00PM starts the shade) I live in puerto rico, if need more info ask. please help.
thanks in advance

This could be normal, Wisterias are a deciduous plant. I don't know if they become evergreen in you climate but in the States they lose their leaves in the fall. It is also possible they have not been getting enough water they, like water. Aside from that disease is possible but in your climate there could be a bunch of things we know nothing about.

Reaction score
jose,
I think you are a little to warm for wisteria in PR...
For the most part where I live, they really don't do that great.
Biggest prob. is that MY weather goes from winter to summer in about a week, and rarely have I ever seen any flowers...
further north I have.

They drop their leaves in winter as vance has said, they also will drop their leaves very fast in pots if overwatered or underwatered in our climates...

Personally... I gotta say that I would probally move on to some other flowering plant that does much better in PR...:)

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
jose,
I think you are a little to warm for wisteria in PR...
For the most part where I live, they really don't do that great.
Biggest prob. is that MY weather goes from winter to summer in about a week, and rarely have I ever seen any flowers...
further north I have.

They drop their leaves in winter as vance has said, they also will drop their leaves very fast in pots if overwatered or underwatered in our climates...

Personally... I gotta say that I would probally move on to some other flowering plant that does much better in PR...:)

I agree Wisterias are considered temperate plants. Your best bet would be Bouganvilla and Malphigia.

jose

Sapling
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. That's probably the main reason I Haven't seen any wisterias in Puerto Rico :( sad and challenging for me Because that's way I want a wisteria bonsai I felt in love with it for meany reasons.
Ill try to keep them alive. and ill try to post some pictures in the future.
Thanks again. more advice are welcome.

Top Bottom