Help Needed

Larrytx

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’ll see if it comes back and will let you know how it goes. Meanwhile, I will be searching for a wisteria from the nurseries.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’ll see if it comes back and will let you know how it goes. Meanwhile, I will be searching for a wisteria from the nurseries.
Wisteria is NOT a milletia, even though both are called wisteria (millettia is sometimes called "summer wisteria") Ask for a "wisteria" at a nursery and you will get Wisteria Chinensis, which is a beast of a plant that also requires specialized bonsai care...

Larrytx

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wisteria is NOT a milletia, even though both are called wisteria (millettia is sometimes called "summer wisteria") Ask for a "wisteria" at a nursery and you will get Wisteria Chinensis, which is a beast of a plant that also requires specialized bonsai care...
I was thinking that a Wisteria Chinensis would be easier than the millettia. I see many Wisteria in our are.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Looking at the condition of those leaves, I am thinking powdery mildew.
Sun and dry will usually control it naturally, so another reason trees belong outside wherever possible. Neem oil every two weeks works as a preventative measure, but once you see it getting bad, it's already too late.

I have allot more experience with this in the vegetable garden than on trees, but the defoliation seems like it should at least slow it down. Definitely no repotting after defoliating, or much of anything else. I'd treat the trunk and soil with neem oil or whatever else is recommended by experienced people in your area. Otherwise the spores on the trunk will just reinfect the new leaves.

Larrytx

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looking at the condition of those leaves, I am thinking powdery mildew.
Sun and dry will usually control it naturally, so another reason trees belong outside wherever possible. Neem oil every two weeks works as a preventative measure, but once you see it getting bad, it's already too late.

I have allot more experience with this in the vegetable garden than on trees, but the defoliation seems like it should at least slow it down. Definitely no repotting after defoliating, or much of anything else. I'd treat the trunk and soil with neem oil or whatever else is recommended by experienced people in your area. Otherwise the spores on the trunk will just reinfect the new leaves.
Thank you. I have Neem oil and will do that.

Top Bottom