Help - Pine Bonsai

Mwright

Seed
Reaction score
I am very new to having a bonsai and I am looking for any advice I can get.
Recently my bonsais needles have turned dull in colour and feel like they may snap when touched.
What can I do? IMG_4251.jpgIMG_4249.jpg

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Greetings! Looks like Olea (Olive) Traveller!

I will interface with the Woody Dwarves, here, in the Tiny Forest.. they seem to think Podocarpus may ALSO be correct. They are commonly referred to as “Buddhist Pines”.. this MAY explain the confusion.

Where in the great blue sphere is your smoke signal emanating?... If you update your profile info to reflect a climate zone OR location, we will be able to more efficiently and correctly address your concerns.

Pleasure to make your acquaintance!

🤓

Mwright

Seed
Reaction score
Oh Buddhist pine is definitely where I have got myself confused. Thanks for your replies, as I say I am very new to this.
I am writing from the UK (not sure how to input this on my profile), will my olea be okay in this weather?

Thanks again for all your help !

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
...depends on where in the UK, i think.

I’m sorry.. i should have been a TAD more clear. Podocarpus is “Buddhist Pune”

Olea is olive...

At FIRST glance.. I THOUGHT Olive (Olea)..

It IS a “Podo”

I am not familiar with them.. But i believe they are similar to “Yew”.. or even directly related.. just have different growing parameters..

I know I have information on them SOMEWHERE..

Mwright

Seed
Reaction score

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
I hope it is not too late for this podocarpus. Many conifers do not show signs of distress until it is far too late to save them and I suspect that is the case here. Definitely an outdoor bonsai.
The best you can do is continue care and cross fingers. I usually keep 'dead' trees for a full season as I have had some unexpectedly revive when all appeared lost.
If it still has life it should grow new shoots as we move into spring. If it has already passed you will have a pot to try again.

Top Bottom