Help! Whats eating me!?

Noob@33

Seedling
Reaction score
Can anyone help identify what this is and how to treat?
20221102_181240.jpg20221102_181104.jpg20221102_181134.jpg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Can anyone help identify what this is and how to treat?
View attachment 461553View attachment 461554View attachment 461555

You can spray them off with water and wash them down the sink. I'd do it every day or so to get rid of any new ones that hatch in a week or so. Hold the plant over the sink and spray the leaves and stems try and get them from underneath without getting water in the soil. I have a sprayer and take it outside if the weather permits and hose it down good.

Attachments

• sprayer.JPG
    sprayer.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 5

Noob@33

Seedling
Reaction score
You can spray them off with water and wash them down the sink. I'd do it every day or so to get rid of any new ones that hatch in a week or so. Hold the plant over the sink and spray the leaves and stems try and get them from underneath without getting water in the soil. I have a sprayer and take it outside if the weather permits and hose it down good.
Purchased! Thank for some value add!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Well...I too thought this post would be more interesting. Glad it's not.
You can also try this if the spray off doesn't work. The aphids usually hang out under the leaves.

Courtesy of the Milwaukee Bonsai Society Newsletter.

Pour 1-2 tablespoons of original Dawn dishwashing detergent and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a gallon jug.
Slowly add water to fill the jug.
Pour part of this solution into a spray bottle and add 2 capfuls of rubbing alcohol.

Use immediately.

If there is any solution left in the spray bottle, add 2 more capfuls of alcohol the next time you want to spray your trees.
It seems that the contents of the gallon jug (soap and vegetable oil solution) can be stored for months without it going bad.

Spray on plants covering all leaf and stem surfaces.
You may have to spray from 3 - 4 times with intervals of 3 days.
Almost any kind of pest, including scale, can be eliminated using this solution.

It is not necessary to wash off the spray as no adverse reactions have been found.

Noob@33

Seedling
Reaction score
You can also try this if the spray off doesn't work. The aphids usually hang out under the leaves.

Courtesy of the Milwaukee Bonsai Society Newsletter.

Pour 1-2 tablespoons of original Dawn dishwashing detergent and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a gallon jug.
Slowly add water to fill the jug.
Pour part of this solution into a spray bottle and add 2 capfuls of rubbing alcohol.

Use immediately.

If there is any solution left in the spray bottle, add 2 more capfuls of alcohol the next time you want to spray your trees.
It seems that the contents of the gallon jug (soap and vegetable oil solution) can be stored for months without it going bad.

Spray on plants covering all leaf and stem surfaces.
You may have to spray from 3 - 4 times with intervals of 3 days.
Almost any kind of pest, including scale, can be eliminated using this solution.

It is not necessary to wash off the spray as no adverse reactions have been found.
Will do! Thank you.

jandslegate

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just be glad it's regular aphids and not the super powered wooly aphids. Neem, water etc. did nothing. I finally had to use a systemic. But aphids of any kind are a nuisance at best and can be an outright problem if allowed to go unchecked. Best of luck in the wars to come with the little monsters.

Top Bottom