Help with Brazilian rain tree trunk

Joshuaskwarek

Sapling
Reaction score
I’ve had this Brazilian Raintree for about a year and have always noticed some thing on the trunk and I’m not sure what it is looking to get some help on how to maybe remove it or if it’s supposed to be there or if it is harming the tree or the trunk please help if you can I would very much appreciate any and all responses have a great new year

Attachments

• FEF56EC9-F1C3-4543-B6EC-7EC3421F85D3.jpeg
    FEF56EC9-F1C3-4543-B6EC-7EC3421F85D3.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 91
  • F35D9798-6761-4602-9CD4-0A9AFC505C47.jpeg
    F35D9798-6761-4602-9CD4-0A9AFC505C47.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 89

SWfloirda

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Are you talking about the younger bark peeling away? That is one of the reasons I like rain trees so much. As the tree grows it will come off by itself or you can peel it off. Leaves a nice smooth bark underneath.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’ve had this Brazilian Raintree for about a year and have always noticed some thing on the trunk and I’m not sure what it is looking to get some help on how to maybe remove it or if it’s supposed to be there or if it is harming the tree or the trunk please help if you can I would very much appreciate any and all responses have a great new year
looks like a normal brt to me. Happy plant!

Joshuaskwarek

Sapling
Reaction score
Are you talking about the younger bark peeling away? That is one of the reasons I like rain trees so much. As the tree grows it will come off by itself or you can peel it off. Leaves a nice smooth bark underneath.
No, the discoloration of the trunk?

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a

It looks absolutely normal to me.

Top Bottom