Help with Fukien suddenly losing leaves!

Reaction score
Help please! I’m new to Bonsais I got a Fukien 6 months ago, it came with some flowers and the flowering lasted for a month and then no more flowers. The tree has been in the same spot in my kitchens since day one. It seemed to be happy new leaves grew up and all were great and healthy. Two weeks ago I noticed some leaves browning and falling off, well this just aggravated and now I’m fearing the tree will die. I live in South Florida, the tree is by a sunny window and always has been kept inside around 75 F, I water it every two weeks or whenever soil feels almost dry. What is happening? You can see one side is worse than the other. Ideas? Suggestions? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks 🙏 image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 5

DonovanC

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
You might up your watering, you want to keep the soil moist not soaked, and definitely never let it dry out. Sometimes it can take a while for the effects of under-watering to show up. These trees like a lot of light too. What may seem like a really sunny window to us may not be so sunny to a tree.
What type of soil is it in?
I would immediately take off the moss so you can get a better sense of the moisture in the actual soil.

Top Bottom