Help with Hospitalization

kakejiku

Chumono
Reaction score
Most of you do not know, but last month from the 15th to the 20th of February I was in the hospital. I do have insurance, but it is a very high deductible plan.
I was hoping to ask for support to this community for which I have been a member for about 10 years now to pay medical bills.
I know many of you have not considered a scroll for your bonsai use, but I have developed a scroll that holds a photograph, which you can put children's school pictures in,
or even find a nature scene that may work with your bonsai.
I can make you a custom frame (Scroll) for 3.5"x5", 4"x6", 5"x7" or 8"x10" photos. Pricing as follows:
Photo Size (exact Dimension) - Scroll size (Rough Dimension)Normal PricingReduced Pricing for Bonsai Nut
3.5" x 5" Scroll width 6"-8" Scroll Length 1.5 Feet$30$25
4" x 6" Scroll width 8"-10" Scroll Length 2 Feet$35$30
5" x 7" Scroll width 8"-10" Scroll Length 2 Feet$50$45
8" x 10" Scroll width 10"-12" Scroll length 2.5-3 Feet$65$60
You can download more information about available cloths and scroll design from my website at www.customjapanesecalligraphy.com
If interested in purchasing, please PM me and I will work with you on making you one of these photo frame scrolls.
The attached images below are all samples of 3.5"x5" photos.

Attachments

• IMG_20210215_171900 (1).jpg
    IMG_20210215_171900 (1).jpg
    175 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_20210215_155147.jpg
    IMG_20210215_155147.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCN9818.JPG
    DSCN9818.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCN9810.JPG
    DSCN9810.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCN9797.JPG
    DSCN9797.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 194

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What holds the picture?

I will still be saving for one that really sparks my heart, I think everyone should have a scroll.

I look forward to seeing this one though!

F Bills, especially Hospital Bills!

Sorce

kakejiku

Chumono
Reaction score
What holds the picture?

I will still be saving for one that really sparks my heart, I think everyone should have a scroll.

I look forward to seeing this one though!

F Bills, especially Hospital Bills!

Sorce
the cloth has little tabs cut in which will allow you to slide in a photo very easily. Yours is in stage 2c as of yesterday. Will finish and get you pic on Friday and ship Saturday.
https://www.facebook.com/CustomJapaneseCalligraphy Has a video on January 17, that shows how to put the pictures in and out of the scroll.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm excited! I was involved in some BS when I opened this yesterday and near forgot to respond, sorry for that!

I must say I'm impressed with everything you provide for the process, very informative and comfortably personal.
I can't wait to see this all the way through, so I can have all the nicest things to include when I link your site on mine.

I think it is a good way to help people complete a display, having somewhere to send them for the other pieces. This is highly valuable to me!

I believe having displays without accompanying scrolls is nearing disrespectful to the very visitors we wish to enjoy our displays.
Having a scroll says you worked that much harder to provide them some pleasure.

Of course, some folks only wish to have nice things to receive compliments from visitors and wouldn't understand this, which makes me wonder how they can even practice the art of bonsai!

Then I think of all the failed attempts and things begin to make sense!

This isn't to laugh at their failure, but to remind them too much Yin, and all their Yang gets Yoinked. We can't find the necessary balance that way.

Sorce

kakejiku

Chumono
Reaction score
Actually contrary to what many people feel, I do not think every bonsai display needs a scroll....
In fact many seki kazari (席飾り) which are what most of the US shows do, are too small a space
to house the scroll and the accent plant. Considering Ichimahan (一間半)is typically considered
the minimum width to do a three point displayit would often be better in most US show venues to do
a two point display.

What most members in the bonsai community and this forum think is that I feel you should always use
a scroll. This is just not true. What I have advocated, and most people miss, is that in using a scroll, use
a theme in the painting or subject that reflects American values and experiences that meshes with the tree.

Do migrating geese work here and in Japan, absolutely. Does a picture of a tanuki...? No because it is an animal
that does not exist in the US. Would a Raccoon or opossum romping through the wilderness work?....you bet (In America)....
Would a manatee or flamingo work? Yes, as long as the tree would exist in that environment....

That is why you can substitute a photo of something in your geographical nature that speaks to you and pairs well
with the tree. But enough rambling.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I received my scroll today!

I opted for Jonathan to choose the component materials for this one, since I look forward to getting another with artwork in the future, though, I love it so much, I may just let him choose the next one too

I can't show you a picture in haste, I don't want to ruin it, I almost didn't want to unroll it!

Marvelous!

It may be the most precious thing I own.

Sorce

Top Bottom