Help with my Deshojo

HOBBYNSAI

Seedling
Reaction score
I live in Athens Greece and my deshojo was left unwatered. The tree is in that condition. What should i Do now? I am sure the tree is alive because it wasnt left unwatered for longtime. THANKS.....

Attachments

• 1653828029432.jpg
    1653828029432.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 99

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Only thing you can do is resume watering and hope it comes back

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Thanks. Do I cut anything?

You can cut the dead leaves off at the stem but honestly I'd just leave it be and water it when it needs it. Keep in mind it will need less water than when it's fully leafed out with good leaves.

That is why I say "water when it needs it". Never water on a schedule unless you know it needs water on that schedule

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
First aid for dried bonsai is immediate soak the pot in a tub of water for at least several hours. Just watering from above is not enough to properly wet dry soil.
Then continue care (with much better attention to watering) until the tree responds with new shoots.
From the photo it looks like you have caught this in time and most branches still look healthy. It should recover well.
Cutting dead leaves or pruning branches will not help. The dead ones are already dead and any live parts will still be alive. Cut back in a few weeks when new shoots have started to grow and it is clear what parts are dead. The tree will manage dead leaves all by itself.

HOBBYNSAI

Seedling
Reaction score
Thanks a lot. Deshojos are very sensitive in the hot weather and could dry suddenly

Top Bottom