HELP with my Duranta Erecta

Kellyk

Seed
Reaction score
I’m a newbie when it comes to bonsai. This plant is only about 8 months old and has always been happy and healthy - until about 3 weeks ago when I took the (possibly bad) advice from a friend to repot it. I am reading now that repotting should be done only every other year and am worried that this plant was too young.

The leaves have been wilting since I repotted, and recently in ththe last few days I have noticed that it’s normally bright green leaves are starting to turn dark green.

Please help! I love my bonsai and can’t find any information, anywhere about what the problem might be and how to fix it.

Attachments

• C5E64CF2-C996-4D47-9F18-71AA796092E5.jpeg
    C5E64CF2-C996-4D47-9F18-71AA796092E5.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 45CF8F19-7758-4076-A61F-19BE5F6AC1E9.jpeg
    45CF8F19-7758-4076-A61F-19BE5F6AC1E9.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 15

thomas22

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’m a newbie when it comes to bonsai. This plant is only about 8 months old and has always been happy and healthy - until about 3 weeks ago when I took the (possibly bad) advice from a friend to repot it. I am reading now that repotting should be done only every other year and am worried that this plant was too young.

The leaves have been wilting since I repotted, and recently in ththe last few days I have noticed that it’s normally bright green leaves are starting to turn dark green.

Please help! I love my bonsai and can’t find any information, anywhere about what the problem might be and how to fix it.

I'm not sure where live but I would guess it is probably just the cold. My Duranta also look bad at the moment but they always look bad this time of year. As soon as it warms up you should get a new batch of leaves. At this point you can remove last years leaves. Again this is assuming you are in the northern hemisphere.
FYI, you would probably get more help if this was in the tropical forum but no big deal.

Kellyk

Seed
Reaction score
thank you for the reply!! I am in the northern hemisphere (Connecticut). I'm glad to know that I'm not alone with the sad-looking bonsai. I'll repost in the tropical forum per your suggestion. thanks so much! :)

Top Bottom