Help with pot/maker identification

Malix

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
IMG_5234.JPGIMG_5236.JPGIMG_5237.JPGIMG_5235.JPGIMG_5238.JPG
Hi. I have already reviewed the resource with chops for pots from antique chinese pots to modern tokoname etc. I have not been able to find a match for the chop on my pot and I am hoping for some additional assistance.

I purchased a large yamadori Cal Juniper/with grafted shimpaku from Roy Nagatoshi in Southern Cal in about 2002 or2003. It came in this pot and at the time Roy said the pot was old but was unable to elaborate. I have moved the tree to another the pot but would like to know more about this one.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Joel

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
View attachment 292820View attachment 292821View attachment 292822View attachment 292823View attachment 292819
Hi. I have already reviewed the resource with chops for pots from antique chinese pots to modern tokoname etc. I have not been able to find a match for the chop on my pot and I am hoping for some additional assistance.

I purchased a large yamadori Cal Juniper/with grafted shimpaku from Roy Nagatoshi in Southern Cal in about 2002 or2003. It came in this pot and at the time Roy said the pot was old but was unable to elaborate. I have moved the tree to another the pot but would like to know more about this one.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Joel
I don't know the maker, but I think the photo of the maker's mark (chop) is upside down...?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don't know the maker, but I think the photo of the maker's mark (chop) is upside down...?

The odds are in your favor!

Nice pot!

Sorce

Top Bottom