Help with repotting Big Tiger Bark Ficus

andrew561

Seedling
Reaction score
I have a buddy who listed it. I said he could get a percentage if it sells. It is kind of a joke in my group chat. Obviously it would never sell.

andrew561

Seedling
Reaction score
This guy has a tiger bark listed for 50k. I guess that is why my friend is so confident.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 2.17.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 2.17.21 PM.png
    386.2 KB · Views: 36

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
This guy has a tiger bark listed for 50k. I guess that is why my friend is so confident.
Well, to be fair that's like comparing a Porsche to a Prius. The tree you have pictured is worth a good amount. 50k? Probably not.

The tree you have listed isn't worth anywhere near what it's listed for. I'd say about $500 would be fair.

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I once put what for me was an outrageously high price on a tree because I didn't really want to sell it. Some fool bought it anyway, and I was sad to see it go.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Your tree isn't even in the same ballpark as that tree.
How can I get my tree on this level?

Years and years of development. You can't hedge prune and expect it to be the same caliper. Your base is still relatively young...with no training. That specimen... look at the size of pot. Two cinder blocks and it's canopy surpasses it.

What size pot is your tree in? Lol I imagine what you paid for your tree. Was the going value...not to burst your bubble.

andrew561

Seedling
Reaction score
I dont want to sell this tree. I have grown attached. I am very interested in developing it to its fullest potential.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I dont want to sell this tree. I have grown attached. I am very interested in developing it to its fullest potential.
Then study that blog...maybe see if you can get a personal lesson with Adam Lavigne, or someone else down that way that knows ficus. Speaking from experience...he helped me totally understand how to take my ficus to the next level. Hedge pruning ficus isn't where you go with them. Thinning out and making good reduction for movement and taper is. If you haven't a clue...then find someone who can give you some lessons. You are down in a good area where bonsai and ficus go hand in hand.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I dunno man, the fact that the ebay listing is still up and the tree is still for sale for $15k makes it look like you really aren't that attached, lol.

Bosco Seitzer

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have a buddy who listed it. I said he could get a percentage if it sells. It is kind of a joke in my group chat. Obviously it would never sell.

You guys are gonna be rich!🤑🤑🤑

but if that doesn't work out stick around and consider what the cliche; to "See the forest for its trees" means1630231712239.png💸1630231693508.png1630231697677.png

Top Bottom