Help with smaller greenhouse

Ming dynasty

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Recently purchased greenhouse for veggies seedlings and some younger maples or weaker ones. It was roughly 50$ for the greenhouse. My questions are..
What’s the ideal condition, mine currently remain kind of moist. Only morning sun and over head during noon.
what about air flow? I currently leave the 2 zipper doors open 1/3 or 2/3 depending on time of day.
how much to water? Bc it’s kind of moist, i mist it twice daily. Roughly 15-20sec, if that.
Sprayed a little fungicide and pesticide few weeks ago.
anything else I should consider?

dbonsaiw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Query whether you need a greenhouse in a Georgia summer. I'm no expert on seedlings, so let's see what the experts say. But I wouldn't use one for the trees in summer. My veggies were planted from seed early in the season and are doing great without the benefit of a greenhouse.

I have used something like you seem to be describing for overwintering (not even sure that was 100% needed, but better safe). Didn't do squat as far as protection from frost/thaw, but protected against drying winds and allowed me to control the water (although I had to bring snow in at times). The trees were mulched in the greenhouse for the insulation. This winter, I may pass on that altogether and just give it some protection from the wind.

ShimpakuBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
Did you buy the $50.00 greenhouse for growing bonsai or for growing veggies?

At least make sure the greenhouse can't be blown away when there are strong winds.

Ming dynasty

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Did you buy the $50.00 greenhouse for growing bonsai or for growing veggies?

At least make sure the greenhouse can't be blown away when there are strong winds.
It’s strapped down, this is mainly for weaker plants or veggies seedlings

Top Bottom