Help with some fruit trees that need help

GOZTEK

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi all, as this is my first spring i had several problems with trees and lost a couple unfortunatley. Now i have this proplem and actually today i found out that it is only on fruit trees. These trees get new leaves and the trees look healthy then all together starting acting wierd. Any idea what is going on?

Pic 1. A small pear
Pic 2. Apricot

Pic 3. that is not a fruit tree, its a callistemon and the leaves are dying differently but still something wrong with them? help!!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 34

GOZTEK

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
pic 4 - same callistemon
pic 5 - same callistemon
pic 6 - a different apricot

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 15
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 15
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 17

GOZTEK

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
pic 6 - another apricot
pic 7 - another apricot
pic 8 - another pear

Attachments

• 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 13
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 19

GOZTEK

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pic 10 - Nut tree
Pic 11 - Another apricot, that's how it starts.

I water everyday and recently been testing them so i only water when they need. Can it be some sort of missing nutrients as recently i found a whole list of deficiencies in this book. Just let me know your ideas please

Attachments

• 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 17

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
In a few it looks like you have fungus issues. This is why it's better to water in the morning and avoid getting the foliage wet.

The others with dried out tips - perhaps too much sun?

GOZTEK

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
In a few it looks like you have fungus issues. This is why it's better to water in the morning and avoid getting the foliage wet.

The others with dried out tips - perhaps too much sun?

For the callistemon it might be that i was watering late and water the leaves rather then the actual soil.

As for the others, i don't know about the sun my yard gets sun from around 10 - 2 average only. So i think it might be something else, also why only the fruit trees

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
As for the others, i don't know about the sun my yard gets sun from around 10 - 2 average only. So i think it might be something else, also why only the fruit trees

I'm not sure if the same holds true in Malta, but here, I believe the sun is strongest from about 10:30 to 3:30.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is either a fungal problem, or a root zone problem. My money would be on the roots. Roots that get too much water wilt and then rot. They cease to do their job, which means leaves dry out and die since they're not getting any moisture transferred to them by the roots.

People assume dry leaves mean the tree isn't getting enough water, so they water more, making the problem worse.

I'd check beneath the soil around the trunk to see how wet it is there.

If it's not wet, then I'd consider a fungal problem. Fruit trees are prone to a huge variety of fungal diseases and some require constant fungicidal spraying. I don't see evidence of fungus on the leaves however...

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think the only pic that really showed fungus was Pic 5 (and to a lesser extent, maybe Pic 4). But I'd listen to what Rockm is saying.

GOZTEK

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My main problem is why only the fruit trees. I have trees mixed and when i water or not water i usually don' do that to all of them. I test the soil almost everyday and many times it comes out as the soil is moistured so i only water a little so it doesn't get wet. I think i will put them a side and give them some more attention

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My main problem is why only the fruit trees. I have trees mixed and when i water or not water i usually don' do that to all of them. I test the soil almost everyday and many times it comes out as the soil is moistured so i only water a little so it doesn't get wet. I think i will put them a side and give them some more attention

See Rockm's reply - fruit trees can be more prone to fungal issues than others.

Top Bottom