Help.

Joe02

Seed
Reaction score
I recently got this bonsai as a graduation gift. I know very little about bonsai. I have been watering it and misting about 1-2 times a day. I know that is not an indoor plans and must be kept outside. I think that it is a Rocky Mountain juniper. I think its ready to be pruned. And repotted but in winter. That might be wrong.

Attachments

• 4C8E7425-B62C-4B21-BDB5-3FF7714A7C1F.jpeg
    4C8E7425-B62C-4B21-BDB5-3FF7714A7C1F.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 57

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
This Tree is very young And needs to grow. Doesn’t look like RMJ, most likely a procumbens. I wouldn’t prune anything now. Place it outside and dont stick to a set watering schedule. Instead check the soil to see if it needs it and water as needed. Also, put your location in your profile so folks can offer finer tuner input based on your region. welcome to the forum.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Its a rooted cutting...
I agree its likely a Procumbens.
Don't cut it back at all....let it grow grow grow...

Oh....and Welcome to the NutHouse.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Welcome to the site! Make sure you keep your tree outdoors in as much sun as possible. Where do you live? In many parts of the country you can leave that juniper outside 12 months a year even in the winter. You don't have to mist the foliage (ever) but make sure you water regularly (daily in the summer if it doesn't rain). Don't let the soil dry out, but also don't water so much that the soil turns into a swamp. Other than that, let your tree grow, grow, grow.

(What a moderate sized procumbens bonsai looks like)

procumbens.jpg

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Welcome Aboard!

You are in for some fun with that tree. I echo the ‘grow it out advice’ and please find a place for it outside.

Finally, please double click your icon and enter your approximate location. This data helps us give more specific advice to forum members .

cheers
DSD sends

ShimpakuBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I'm pretty sure it's a juniperus procumbens nana and it's a very young tree made from a cutting.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You poor kids, all these people stuck inside so they figure Bonsai is a good gift now!

Welcome to Crazy!

"Oh, you passed? Congratulations, now fail!"🤣

What happened to $100 bills and Lambo Keys?

Sorce

Top Bottom