Here are my boys.......

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Zac on the left and Cody on the right. They are worth every penny of their spoiled lives. Just in case you are not familiar with the breed, they are Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, best breed in the world for senior citizens or folks with small children, they LOVE everyone.

Harry

zac.JPG

Attachments

• boys.JPG
    boys.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Joedes3

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've seen the breed before and really like them. Do they shed? Why do you say they are the best for seniors?

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
They shed like crazy. The main reason they are great for seniors, they are very laid back, they will sleep most of the day, like cats.They don't require a lot of exercise. They were bred to be lap dogs and will follow your every step and be by your side at all times. I would not recommend them if you are not retired or someone stays at home during the day. They don't do well when left alone, they need human companionship. I will say they are great traveling companions, sleeping in strange places doesn't bother them as long as they are with you. My wife says they will lay by the door for hours waiting for me to come home. I would have no other breed in my life but these little lovers.
Harry

Joedes3

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The shedding would drive my wife crazy.

We had a Yorkie for 8 years and then she died of kidney failure. (The dog, not my wife.!)
I figured I could get a chuckle out of all of you.
Another great lap dog.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
My dogs shed a fair amount, but for me it is always the sign that I have been too relaxed with the brushing. Plus they primarily shed twice per year - in the Spring and Fall - when they change coats. If I brush them really well twice per year I cut the shedding by 90%.

I love dogs that like humans :) My dog Rocket thinks he is human - he loves people and hates other dogs :)

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Ditto here. Here is favorite after lunch activity.

Harry

Attachments

• me.JPG
    me.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 39

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Greerhw, I would suggest you plant them in the ground until spring and cover the roots with mulch on a south side wall of the house until spring, and then do the pruning. Wait !! These are dogs? :)

ed

tmmason10

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
My english lab hunter at about 3 months old, last year at just about 2 years old, and together last fall with his new chorkie companion. He weighs 85 pounds now, she weighs about 10. Shes the boss. Hunter 2.jpgHunter beach.jpgIMG_0246.jpg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Daniel's wife diane breeds these little darlings. Her's is named Sunny... My girl isn't so distinguished, but I love her dearly. Her name is Widget... and that's cuz she was a little bit of a thing when she was born. :)

V

Attachments

• Widget.jpg
    Widget.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 27

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The shedding would drive my wife crazy.

We had a Yorkie for 8 years and then she died of kidney failure. (The dog, not my wife.!)
I figured I could get a chuckle out of all of you.
Another great lap dog.
You'll definitely want to stay away from German Shedders then.

Top Bottom