Here we go again.,

Arcto

Chumono
Reaction score
The blanket underneath, to make gathering the pumic in the spring easier? That is a courser grade pumice, 1" minus?

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah, tis the season. I have to clean up and prepare my winter shelter this week. We're expecting temps in the 60s and 70s most of the week, should be able to get a lot done.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just finished today.
This week. 70's!

Lovely!

Sorce

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Garage space cleaned out and ready for shelves and trees......check
Coldframe built and ready for trees......check

Just watching temps and cleaning the pots of fallen leaves and pine needles......:rolleyes:

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You guys/girls and your Fahrenheit, 60s, 70s means nothing to me, I look it up sometimes but can't seem to keep it in my head to relate!
-10c coming here in the next couple days, nothing that would likely kill trees off but definitely time to pack away.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The blanket underneath, to make gathering the pumic in the spring easier? That is a courser grade pumice, 1" minus?
Yes, it's heavy duty geotextile, probably quite expensive but I salvaged it.
5/8 minus.

Arcto

Chumono
Reaction score
image.jpg Backatcha Wireme. One forecast here calls for Mt. Rainer to receive 10+' in a monster dump this week. And your further north you lucky dog! Supposed to get down to -8C here. Guess I'm ready. As long as the seasonal activities are changing, should I mulch in my mt. Bike and kayak too?

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah, why not? I could use my kayak to hold up the outer edge of shade cloth. No, there's a river wave here that only hits surfable levels in winter... Better not.
Nice to get snow before super cold, better for trees.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You guys/girls and your Fahrenheit, 60s, 70s means nothing to me, I look it up sometimes but can't seem to keep it in my head to relate!
-10c coming here in the next couple days, nothing that would likely kill trees off but definitely time to pack away.

70 F = 21 C

http://fahrenheittocelsius.com/

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
And at 40 below - both C and F are the same - damn cold.

Saw that too. Yep, that's dam cold!
Since reading about your use of pumice here Wireme I've been thinking about trying perlite in kind of the same way. Would need a screen to keep it from blowing away but it could work well.
And do you worry about what if there is no snow? Just cold. Maybe perlite all the way to the top?

Arcto

Chumono
Reaction score
Get enough perlite to ski on too.

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Oh yeah man... Gotta get ready for the cold! Ima need to ummm... Well I gotta mulch.. Or ummm maybe I should... bwahahaa... Sorry, I couldn't help it! I ain't got nuthin to do!! I have TWO tropicals I am going to need to bring in at some point, but other than that.. Just sit back and watch my trees get mildly cool, maybe even downright cold for a couple weeks... Hell, I am still doing some Fall repotting this past weekend... This is getting too late for that though, probably won't do any more. Around late Feb, I can usually start repotting again! :p

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Oh yeah man... Gotta get ready for the cold! Ima need to ummm... Well I gotta mulch.. Or ummm maybe I should... bwahahaa... Sorry, I couldn't help it! I ain't got nuthin to do!! I have TWO tropicals I am going to need to bring in at some point, but other than that.. Just sit back and watch my trees get mildly cool, maybe even downright cold for a couple weeks... Hell, I am still doing some Fall repotting this past weekend... This is getting too late for that though, probably won't do any more. Around late Feb, I can usually start repotting again! :p

What a dick.:p

Top Bottom