Here we go again

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
@Joe Dupre'
Are you ready? I spent yesterday afternoon filling sand bags and loading them onto my truck. Nicholas may not be a big storm but it packs a lot of moisture for me.
PS: The sand bags are mostly for blocking wakes from big trucks. The last time it flood, the water never reached my house but some of my neighbors got flooded from the wakes generated by fast driving trucks.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've seen these videos where people think it's funny to drive down the block making problems worse.

I believe they should be ......

Sorce

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I've seen these videos where people think it's funny to drive down the block making problems worse.

I believe they should be ......

Sorce
I believe the big brass balls hanging off their … ahem.. trucks should be removed.

Joe Dupre'

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
@Joe Dupre'
Are you ready? I spent yesterday afternoon filling sand bags and loading them onto my truck. Nicholas may not be a big storm but it packs a lot of moisture for me.
PS: The sand bags are mostly for blocking wakes from big trucks. The last time it flood, the water never reached my house but some of my neighbors got flooded from the wakes generated by fast driving trucks.
I haven't been watching the news. My wife told me about the latest hurricane. Dang, we definitely don't need another one! Good luck to you. I'm plenty high here........no danger of flooding. Winds are another matter. A buddy of mine lives in Ponchatoula which got the eastern side of the storm. He said basically it seemed all of the power lines in the city were down!! He got it a bit worse than us.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
The incessant rain has begun. My friends in Texas have reported a lot of rain and some flooding but not bad. I've moved the grow flats to higher ground. Lost a few trees in the last flood. Hopefully not this time around.
On the plus side, the guava I just chopped is loving this soggy weather. The buds are growing fast with all this rain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom