Here we go again_________?

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Can anyone tell me why a post posted at 7:14 PM on 10-34-14 to the effect: Just bumping up because Vance is back. A post about a Mugo Pine. I responded at 10-7-14 at 9:26 and 9:31 AM when I discovered this post floating around in the Pine section. Can anyone explane to me why this did not show up in the What's New tab either time I responded? Or--when it was bumped up on the third? Who is over-seeing this function? Is there something about "What's New" tab I don't understand?

Last edited:

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I gave up trying to understand the "What's New" tab months ago. I just don't click on it anymore because all I do is get aggravated. You know what I mean.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I use the home page...down at the lower bottom. Though at times I still over look things, for the most part. It works for me.

The funny thing is that it seems to work fine for some posts and not for others?

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
When you are on a discussion page that has live autosave, a live thanks and cookies, there are safe gaurds built into the program.

For instance you may go your own thread 20 times in a session and your post count does not go up. The program knows that the starter of the thread is "revisiting" its own thread and so does not count that look see as a bonified "view".

Further...the program also does not recognize new posts from the same computer. It will look past the post as a new post as long as you are timed into the session. The cookie will keep your post in its memory untill you have cleared that session.

If you make a post, either a new thread or a post to an existing thread, it will not show in bold letters in the header functions untill you have removed yourself from Bonsainut, went over to MSNBC to become in formed of how well the economy is doing, hit the can and read the current issue of Bonsai Focus, catch supper and then come back to the computer and hit the X key to take you off of whatever browser you are using. Open your browser and then comeback to bonsainut and voila, all your crap will now be in the newposts area and in bold.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
When you are on a discussion page that has live autosave, a live thanks and cookies, there are safe gaurds built into the program.

For instance you may go your own thread 20 times in a session and your post count does not go up. The program knows that the starter of the thread is "revisiting" its own thread and so does not count that look see as a bonified "view".

Further...the program also does not recognize new posts from the same computer. It will look past the post as a new post as long as you are timed into the session. The cookie will keep your post in its memory untill you have cleared that session.

If you make a post, either a new thread or a post to an existing thread, it will not show in bold letters in the header functions untill you have removed yourself from Bonsainut, went over to MSNBC to become in formed of how well the economy is doing, hit the can and read the current issue of Bonsai Focus, catch supper and then come back to the computer and hit the X key to take you off of whatever browser you are using. Open your browser and then comeback to bonsainut and voila, all your crap will now be in the newposts area and in bold.

I'll take your word for it Al even though it seems like taking a large stick to relieve constipation.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Another one for the VW pages!

"Hit the can, read Bonsai Focus.....then all your crap shows up here!?"

Lol

Sorce

Top Bottom