Here's some that made it through the summer....

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
I'm really pleased the RMJ did so well, I can't wait for Marco to style it. I did lose one tree this year, it just didn't have enough roots for this climate, oh well it's only money, right.........:(
Oh yeah, I'm going to built a nice Redwood bench to replace the little metal stands, pictures when I finished.

keep it green,
Harry

Attachments

• DSC00461.JPG
    DSC00461.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC00462.JPG
    DSC00462.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC00463.JPG
    DSC00463.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 192

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The trees look beautiful and healthy, great job Harry.

I also like that you put sphagnum moss to cover the soil, that's a smart thing to do in a hot climate like yours.

DaveV

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Harry, Is that moss you have in the pots? Is this because of your climate?

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Harry, Is that moss you have in the pots? Is this because of your climate?

Yeah I use sphagnum most of the time, but when I went back to the garden center to buy some after the birds use it to build nests with, they were out of it, so I bought something called green moss, seems to do the trick.

keep it green,
Harry

bonsaitodd

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
What kind of junipers are those that you have?
The trees look great.

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Harry, I'd sit in your yard any day, you have a collection to be envied.

I think Iv'e seen the green moss stuff, on a lark I grabbed a $15 C. Elm from Home Depot and it covered the soil about a 1/2 in., I dumped it out so I could track moisture better, and it is still green about 4 weeks later.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
What kind of junipers are those that you have?
The trees look great.

All my junipers are Itoigawa Shimpakus, except for one Kishu that snuck in there. Obviously my favorite, followed closely by JBP then Ponderosa and RMJ's if this one does ok.

keep it green,
Harry

Fangorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah I use sphagnum most of the time, but when I went back to the garden center to buy some after the birds use it to build nests with, they were out of it, so I bought something called green moss, seems to do the trick.

keep it green,
Harry
Beautiful trees Harry
I use sphagnum too on most my trees. I'm lucky enough to just go out into the woods and get a bag full when I run out.

Fangorn

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone

keep it green,
Harry

Beautiful trees Harry
I use sphagnum too on most my trees. I'm lucky enough to just go out into the woods and get a bag full when I run out.

anttal63

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Lookn good H always nice to see your trees. The stallion will take care of that baby when he gets there! i look forward to it!:)

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
Harry
Do you have an individual picture of the second Juniper, going from right to left in the back? I would love to see!

Top Bottom