Hey! Buy my best trees!!!

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
Ever been to India?

I know a couple Canadians who live in monasteries in the Kulu valley. Of course life there has its challenges but it’s also woderfull and beautiful in so many ways. Personally I’d take it over Thailand any day, no question.

Good luck though, enjoy.
The Kulu valley is beautiful. Went hiking there when I was 16, Khauli Pass trek (look it up, it's gorgeous). Ain't nothing that compares to snow mountains, esp the Himalayas!

Wildaboutbonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Hi, I understand how you feel about your trees, wanting them to go to good homes where they will happy and continue to be healthy. Bonsai trees are like cherished puppies, sometimes too cute to part with to strangers. Although I am new to Bonsai (only 5 years of practical experience) I have been in horticulture all my life. I grew up on a 96 acre Christmas Tree Farm and personally helped my Dad replant replacement trees as well as work alongside him in the greenhouse. I studied Horticulture for College and have had many jobs in garden centers.
I am retired now and find myself all consumed with thoughts of Bonsai, So your message called out to me personally. I hope I was not too much of a pest.
Thank you and Good Luck Janet (Wildaboutbonsai)

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The Kulu valley is beautiful. Went hiking there when I was 16, Khauli Pass trek (look it up, it's gorgeous). Ain't nothing that compares to snow mountains, esp the Himalayas!

Yeah, so you know what I’m talking about😀!

I’ve been there many times myself, usually using the Kulu valley as a starting point to venture deeper into the mountains on skis in the winter. Kulu in spring is fabulous, especially when dropping down out of the frozen upper mountains into the green valleys with the orchards blooming and snowy peaks behind. I’ve been to northern Thailand too but those Himalayan foothills and mountains feel like a second home.

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score

I’ve been there many times myself, usually using the Kulu valley as a starting point to venture deeper into the mountains on skis in the winter. Kulu in spring is fabulous, especially when dropping down out of the frozen upper mountains into the green valleys with the orchards blooming and snowy peaks behind. I’ve been to northern Thailand too but those Himalayan foothills and mountains feel like a second home.
The Kootenays are beautiful also :)

jimib

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I shipped a tree before and it turned out fine, even in the winter. Let's see iof we get it done if no-one else local wants to get it. Ohio should be a great climate for this guy!
I understand selling locally over shipping. I would do the same thing. However if not I’m interested,
and good luck with whatever future path you choose.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I truly pray you find inner peace with this stage of your life. It saddens me you are selling off the collection. But I'm glad you are offering them here. So I have a chance at seeing them go further. Your vine maple... stunning. Always my favorite. I hope it goes to a good home with one who shares it's journey. I look at your book you wrote... mesmerized by the beauty you photographed and shared of Dan's story. I find peace in that book. I hope and pray you find that inner peace my friend in whatever fork in the road you choose. Take care of yourself Will @grouper52 . A virtual farewell of sorts.
~Darlene

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Hi Grouper...I PM'd you about the older, upright Mt Hemlock and the cascade JBP. I live not to far from you and could drive up. I live in NE Oregon and have winter protection if necessary. Would like to hear from you if you have time. I would take good care of them. If you want my phone #, just let me know. Thanks Peter

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
Gosh @grouper52, I just love the fir. Looks really cool and it would be totally at home here in Michigan if you are interested and don't find a home for it locally I would be happy to have it!

JEads

Mame
Reaction score
Good Morning @grouper52. I just sent you an email, but I guessed I might as well pile on in here also.
I would love to be considered for a few of your trees. I am in the PNW and plan to stay here long term.
I love the local stuff: the vine maple and Shore pine are my favorites, but some of the others are really nice as well.
Please feel free to email me or send me a PM if any are still available. I can make some time this week or next to come look at them.
Cheers

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
Sorry I meant to add, obviously I'd be happy to have it for whatever fair price that you would wish to ask!

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

I certainly might check it out! As a Shaivite Hindu, blended early on with both Hinayana and Zen Buddhist training, I went on a life-changing pilgrimage to Mount Kailas in Western Tibet in the fall of 1992, and yes - although "God" or "The Truth" or "Whatever" - is present everywhere - the high, austere regions of the Himalayas and other mountains are where that presence is often most clearly apprehended ... although equally so, frankly, in the presence of other people and other sentient beings.

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey, JEads, Apparently these sorts of negotiations are best conducted in the "Conversations" section. The Vine Maple and a number of others are still available if you want to drive on up this weekend! The Shore Pine, Small Hemlock, and Siberian Elm Clump are already gone. Let me know!
I truly pray you find inner peace with this stage of your life. It saddens me you are selling off the collection. But I'm glad you are offering them here. So I have a chance at seeing them go further. Your vine maple... stunning. Always my favorite. I hope it goes to a good home with one who shares it's journey. I look at your book you wrote... mesmerized by the beauty you photographed and shared of Dan's story. I find peace in that book. I hope and pray you find that inner peace my friend in whatever fork in the road you choose. Take care of yourself Will @grouper52 . A virtual farewell of sorts.
~Darlene
I haven't left yet, Darlene, nor do I have any solid sense that I won't be back again - such things are quite unpredictable I find, LOL!!!

The Vine maple - it has not sold yet ... if you think it will be OK where you live, you may have first dibs on it!

I cannot help but recall the concern and support you offered me upon my fateful and devastating return the last time, and you may never know how very much I owe you and a few others here for your presence in my life during those times. It meant the world to me, even though we never met.

I was a Hospital Corpsman during Vietnam, and I later parlayed that meager bit of training into an MD over the next decade, eventually becoming Board Certified in Psychiatry, and have worked skillfully and with great compassion in those trenches to the benefit of countless people over the last 30+ years. And yet, on some entirely different level, somehow, I am most proud in my life of the entirely unexpected inspiration and determination to have conceived and executed the photographic methods, and the writing and the publishing of Dan's book! It means a great deal to me that it means a great deal to you and to many others. My eyes full of tears, I thank you, Darlene. Will

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Gosh @grouper52, I just love the fir. Looks really cool and it would be totally at home here in Michigan if you are interested and don't find a home for it locally I would be happy to have it!
Hi, Mayank ... It's really getting hard to keep up with the various names and offers and such regarding my trees, but Michigan - with a bit of help through really bad winters, would be ideal for the Alpine fir! I'll keep you posted as to the other offers that have been coming in. Will

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hey, JEads, Apparently these sorts of negotiations are best conducted in the "Conversations" section. The Vine Maple and a number of others are still available if you want to drive on up this weekend! The Shore Pine, Small Hemlock, and Siberian Elm Clump are already gone. Let me know!

I haven't left yet, Darlene, nor do I have any solid sense that I won't be back again - such things are quite unpredictable I find, LOL!!!

The Vine maple - it has not sold yet ... if you think it will be OK where you live, you may have first dibs on it!

I cannot help but recall the concern and support you offered me upon my fateful and devastating return the last time, and you may never know how very much I owe you and a few others here for your presence in my life during those times. It meant the world to me, even though we never met.

I was a Hospital Corpsman during Vietnam, and I later parlayed that meager bit of training into an MD over the next decade, eventually becoming Board Certified in Psychiatry, and have worked skillfully and with great compassion in those trenches to the benefit of countless people over the last 30+ years. And yet, on some entirely different level, somehow, I am most proud in my life of the entirely unexpected inspiration and determination to have conceived and executed the photographic methods, and the writing and the publishing of Dan's book! It means a great deal to me that it means a great deal to you and to many others. My eyes full of tears, I thank you, Darlene. Will
Is the Shore Pine sold to me? Or someone else?

I sent you a PM with my contact info, but I haven’t seen a reply. I assume you’ve been swamped with people wanting your trees!

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Adair, I am so sorry. If not for the fact that I realized a few days ago - and posted as such - that many of my trees were likely to be climate sensitive, and best carried forward by folks living in climates similar to their native range, I would love to have reserved this tree for you, and initially planned to do so. You are so very skilled with pines, but this Shore Pine from the lowland bogs of Northern Vancouver Island was one where I realized that the climate in which the person lived that I sold it to needed to best insure it's long-term health and survival. I sold it to a local fellow yesterday, as I will now be doing with many of my climate-sensitve Pacific-Northwest conifers. Please forgive me, but I hope you will understand me erroring on the side of the tree's health and survival. Will

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Adair, I am so sorry. If not for the fact that I realized a few days ago - and posted as such - that many of my trees were likely to be climate sensitive, and best carried forward by folks living in climates similar to their native range, I would love to have reserved this tree for you, and initially planned to do so. You are so very skilled with pines, but this Shore Pine from the lowland bogs of Northern Vancouver Island was one where I realized that the climate in which the person lived that I sold it to needed to best insure it's long-term health and survival. I sold it to a local fellow yesterday, as I will now be doing with many of my climate-sensitve Pacific-Northwest conifers. Please forgive me, but I hope you will understand me erroring on the side of the tree's health and survival. Will
Not a problem.

Top Bottom