Hey! Buy my best trees!!!

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
You’ll visit from there...they have WiFi.

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Best of luck to you on your journey, fish-face. 😁

I really hope we see you again, though.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Hey, JEads, Apparently these sorts of negotiations are best conducted in the "Conversations" section. The Vine Maple and a number of others are still available if you want to drive on up this weekend! The Shore Pine, Small Hemlock, and Siberian Elm Clump are already gone. Let me know!

I haven't left yet, Darlene, nor do I have any solid sense that I won't be back again - such things are quite unpredictable I find, LOL!!!

The Vine maple - it has not sold yet ... if you think it will be OK where you live, you may have first dibs on it!

I cannot help but recall the concern and support you offered me upon my fateful and devastating return the last time, and you may never know how very much I owe you and a few others here for your presence in my life during those times. It meant the world to me, even though we never met.

I was a Hospital Corpsman during Vietnam, and I later parlayed that meager bit of training into an MD over the next decade, eventually becoming Board Certified in Psychiatry, and have worked skillfully and with great compassion in those trenches to the benefit of countless people over the last 30+ years. And yet, on some entirely different level, somehow, I am most proud in my life of the entirely unexpected inspiration and determination to have conceived and executed the photographic methods, and the writing and the publishing of Dan's book! It means a great deal to me that it means a great deal to you and to many others. My eyes full of tears, I thank you, Darlene. Will
I know you prefer conversation in the thread. But I wish my words to be private. Sending you a PM. Sorry...if that is an inconvenience.

With highest regards my friend,
Darlene

August44

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Grouper...is the medium sized Mountain Hemlock and the cascade JBP still for sale? I live in NE Oregon and would be interested in one or both. Thanks, Peter

SquatJar

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've loved your amazing photography and progression threads among others. All the best for whatever the future holds Will

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
I certainly might check it out! As a Shaivite Hindu, blended early on with both Hinayana and Zen Buddhist training, I went on a life-changing pilgrimage to Mount Kailas in Western Tibet in the fall of 1992, and yes - although "God" or "The Truth" or "Whatever" - is present everywhere - the high, austere regions of the Himalayas and other mountains are where that presence is often most clearly apprehended ... although equally so, frankly, in the presence of other people and other sentient beings.
@grouper52 you are certainly lucky to have seen Kailas. Did you walk around the mountain? It was my father's dream to do that with me but he passed away before we could do that. Peace be with you wherever life takes you.
And yes if you would like to send that fir to me in Michigan I have another one (my avatar pic) that will love to keep it company so the shimpakus and spruces don't gang up on it :)
If you want you can send a private message if you are willing to sell it to me and what you are thinking you want to charge for it or I can call you or whatever works for you. Take care,
Mayank

Waldo

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
I would be interested in your J. Larch. Could you give me an idea what you are asking for it ?
Thanks

Bloom.Now

Seed
Reaction score
Hi is the korean hornbeam still available?
Thank you,
Marco

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I'm thinkin Grouper went away...
I don't think he's left yet for good. I imagine he's getting his ducks in a row as to where he's going. Or at least possibly a visit to check the direction he's headed. But he's not gone for good. He would have said goodbye. He's not said farewell yet. He's busy for sure planning for his next chapter.

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sorry for this thread drying up. My computer went down suddenly about a week ago ... turned out to be merely a cable from the core to the display ... a Chinese made cable I got from some Singapore vendor when my computer went down in the Philippines a year and some months ago ... back then it took two months to arrive, and turns out to have been junk, but now I hopefully have a better one installed .... Anyway, for anyone still interested in a local pick-up, I still have the Cork-bark Chinese elm, the cryptomeria, the Japanese larch, the Threadbranch false-cypress, the Katsura, and the Japanese black-pine cascade.

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So, I now have only 6 trees left, and only for local pick-up - here they are:

1. Threadbranch False Cypress.
2. Vine Maple.
3. Katsura.
4. Japanese Larch.
5. Corkbark Chinese Elm.

If anyone is interested in coming by to see them or pick them up, send me a message.... :)

Reactions: n8

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@grouper52 you are certainly lucky to have seen Kailas. Did you walk around the mountain? It was my father's dream to do that with me but he passed away before we could do that. Peace be with you wherever life takes you. Take care,
Mayank

Yes, Mayank, I circumambulated it. Although my initial spiritual awakening had occurred years earlier, I have since broken my life down into "Before Mt. Kailas" and "After Mt. Kailas." If you get a chance to go in this lifetime, I cannot recommend it enough!

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Before the circumambulation, the little group of Western pilgrims I was with camped a few days at the base of Mt. Kailas to acclimate. One day around noon or so I decided to walk about a mile towards the mountain to see an old, small dilapidated-looking monastery built into the very base of the mountain. I found it occupied by four young monks, who welcomed me in, and insisted that I meditate in a small shallow cave carved into the mountain's rock. I did so, just barely fitting into the elevated hollow carved out into the mountain's rock, sitting there in extreme peace and bliss for about an hour. It was quite incredibly profound, and when I then came back down into the small room with the monks they explained that it was in this small cave carved into the mountain that Guru Rimpoche, Padmasambhava left his body and vanished. After that I have always felt strongly connected to Guru Padmasambhava, and his lineage and Dzogchen practices, although I also received a number of other blessings and empowerments into branches of the Vajrayana practices of Guru Tsongkhapa as well. There were other blessings and initiations along the way there and back from Llasa, but those were mere frosting on the cake. Go if you can, make the pilgrimage, even with all the restrictions the Chicoms have put on the experience in recent years. Go. Go in this lifetime.

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I might also add, Mayank, to go with your mind full of thoughts of your father ... take him there with you! Peace be with you.

Waldo

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
I would be interested in your J. Larch. Could you give me an idea what you are asking for it ?
Thanks
As I indicated over a month ago, I might be interested in your Japanese Larch. Could you please let me know what you are asking for it ?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Just curious...has anyone on the forum received one of Will's trees that were for sale on this thread? So we may follow its progression on your benches? I for one admire his trees and would love to continue to watch the trees progress. But I see it wise keeping them close. I mailed a tree before. It can be a challenge. I had success with mine and it reached the friend in perfect shape. But it was a headache.

Deep down...I hope he can keep at least one of his trees.

Waldo

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
So, I now have only 6 trees left, and only for local pick-up - here they are:

1. Threadbranch False Cypress.
2. Vine Maple.
3. Katsura.
4. Japanese Larch.
5. Corkbark Chinese Elm.

If anyone is interested in coming by to see them or pick them up, send me a message.... :)
Still interested in the Larch. How much ?

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Man.. If he was near by I would probably buy all his trees, why does all good things have to be so far away.

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Man.. If he was near by I would probably buy all his trees, why does all good things have to be so far away.

Hey, VP999!

LOL!!! I grew up in Kensington, Maryland!!! I spent much of my younger years in Rockbridge County, VA, and on the Outer Banks in North Carolina.

Back there, travel is measured in relatively short distances ... and life feels more confined.

Out West here, the distances are vast, and we never feel confined. Traveling a thousand miles or more to go hunting for trees is simply an exciting fact of life! I've traveled up north or out east into the Rockies with Dan Robinson - for a thousand miles or more - on a number of occasions. A bonsai enthusiast just drove up from San Diego for a single one of my trees!!! It would likely be the trip of your lifetime, VP999, coming on out here into the vast vastness, to buy a few of my remaining trees! Let me know if you're coming!

Grouper52

Top Bottom