Hey Yew guuuuys!!!

Jluke33

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Ok as the regulars can probably tell I went nursery hopping multiple times this weekend. Picked up this yew and already did some pruning. I didn’t want to go overboard (though you can be the judge, it started the same size as at the beginning of this channel’s video.
)

if I want to follow suit with that link posted and go with a smaller size tree should I keep pruning until it’s decidedly not bushy? Also not sure if I should keep the trunk moving to the right or use the line that cuts hard left

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 55

VipHyperBeast

Seedling
Reaction score
I saw your video on YouTube the other day'! Very informative thank you ! I think it has a lot of potential.

Jluke33

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I saw your video on YouTube the other day'! Very informative thank you ! I think it has a lot of potential.
The video is not me! I was working to style my tree like in the video but stopped short (as you can see in the pictures) as I was worried about taking too much off this time of year. Though I have heard it’s a good time to style conifers

VipHyperBeast

Seedling
Reaction score
The video is not me! I was working to style my tree like in the video but stopped short (as you can see in the pictures) as I was worried about taking too much off this time of year. Though I have heard it’s a good time to style conifers
Haha sorry about that. I also have a yew and watched this video too. Mine is actually still In the nursery pot and I probably won’t be doing anything until January which I anticipate a little before growing season for where I’m at (PNW) Its nice you got a lot of the trimming/cleaning done but i think waiting a month before growing season would be ideal before you start wiring and trimming for shapes and designs.

Jluke33

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Here’s my first styling of this guy. This also the first time I’ve fully wired a tree. Thoughts and critiques are welcome!

Attachments

• BDD5C240-853A-4DBF-8AC8-E24927871E65.jpeg
    BDD5C240-853A-4DBF-8AC8-E24927871E65.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 20
Top Bottom