Hi, everyone. For better or for worse, I'm back: very sorry for alarming everyone, and very grateful for everyone's support.

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Suicide touched my life personally when my 36 year old sister took her life. I will never know the pain she must have been in that day to pull her car in the garage and turn it on.
The pain ended for her but the scars transferred to her family and friends that day.
Her then 12 year old daughter turned 13 just 20 days after that happened. Christmas came 23 days later and the New Year just wasn’t the same.
To anyone who is struggling with the thought please seek help.
I have been divorced and sleeping alone now almost 20 years. I actually enjoy the peace that I have. I will never allow myself to be in a relationship that does not add to my peace again. I like to debate issues but fighting or demeaning behavior is not love.
Try to find joy in the little things and welcome back.
Sorry for all your pain, but I'm happy to hear of the peace you have found. Will

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was equally concerned as I am now relieved to have you back. I didn’t want to speculate on your situation before, but am grateful that you you shared some details that you were by no means required to.
Anyways, to make light of a very serious situation, those are some quality tree’s you’ve reclaimed.. super jealous. Do you have any links to where your book is for sale?
Best place to buy the book is from Elandan Gardens. Ask them for one Dan and I both signed, tell them you know me from here. I hope you enjoy it! Will

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi Will, Sorry to read this today. We had the pleasure of getting to spend a long weekend together with your family and mine. I can't believe that was ten years ago...Losing my wife 15 months ago, I know about missing my wife and sleeping alone. It's very hard for men, and women seem to cope with being alone much better. Send me a PM if you wish to talk. Otherwise, just keep working on the trees, maybe something with deadwood to transfer emotion to??

Happier times.....
View attachment 229667
I had no idea you lost your wife, Al. I'm so sorry to hear that. Take care. Will

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I hope your mind will be in peaceful stage soon! I am glad to seeing you back here!
Thụ Thoại

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I feel happy to see you back, Sir!
I always remember your generosity expressed in those PMs of ours.
... ...not far from Dan Robinson's Elandan Gardens in Gorst... ...
This is such a good coincidence! To be close to good friends!

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Why,I'll be damned!
Will's back.
And with trees!
I've been waiting for some beat up hippy style R.V. to pull up.
Do you still have my number Will?

No, Mike, I don't think your number survived the tumult, or at least I don't know where it is. The RV idea turned out to be a bad one, but the trip m,ay still be on at some point! Maybe in the Spring. I'd still love to meet you in person some day. It's part of what keeps me going!!! Many thanks. Will

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Good to hear you're back Will. I always look forward to your posts - you got me into growing Cryptomeria!

Take care, Pash.

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Welcome back Will! I'm very happy to hear you've landed on your feet back in the PNW. I'm moving to Portland soon and perhaps we might have a chance to meet. Stay strong! ;)
Chris

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
My computer broke down a few days ago, today I'm writing on a laptop someone lent me so I've just seen this thread, and only read your first post.

A lot of us "here" went through hard times, divorce, addiction and suicide of people you loved, professional troubles or burn-outs, depression, etc.

I don't know you, we're probably very different, but I'm glad you didn't take your own life and have bounced back as we say here.

You have lots of friends here, glad to see you back.

And as Alfred Shakespeare once said : "On the jukebox of life, every moment can be a number one hit". :cool:

theta

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very sorry to hear what you had to go through, I can't imagine how hard that would be. I've lurked here for a while and have always admired and been inspired the wildness in your trees. Glad to have you back!

Top Bottom