Hibiscus Syriacus (Common Hibiscus) #27

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Well, the sticker on the pot says Hibiscus. Doesn't say anything else about variety, but the flowers that were already on it match what I'm seeing in the pics here, though not the dinner plate size. Pink flowers, here and there little vine type things reaching out from the outer foliage, bark looks the same as these pics. Recognized them from pics, and gardens passed while traveling, though didn't realize what they were. I've not seen them offered by stores in the area before, and probably for a reason. Still, thought it was worth a shot.
Maybe a picture would help?

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Got some branching this year to work with next year. Going to likely just try for an upright umbrella shaped tree. Branches do not grow outright horizontal.

20211231_130151.jpg
20211231_130206.jpg

RobC

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
yeah, all branches start off vertical like yours. the weight of the flowers, fruits and snow naturally bring the branches down. i have a few 10 footers.

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Heres this one. Planning a repot next year. Also another one that I have which im going full umbrella on. That one also is getting a repot. Going to start a separate thread on it.

This thread's object:
IMG_20221113_011144.jpg

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Need to get me one of those.
I keep stealing cuttings from one a few blocks away (Hey, the branches are sticking into the sidewalk area. It's fair game.) that has beautiful soft lavender flowers, but so far no joy.

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Been a minute. Heres the tree today/tonight before light left. Seems flat so may need to try and rectify that somehow. Hasnt had a lot of long growth this year but has healthy leaves. I pounded with fert in about mid july, as leaves were a little off color wise.

20230814_200539.jpg
20230814_200546.jpg

Top Bottom