Hinoki Cypress 'Chirimen'

opus1

Sapling
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Got this tree recently, just searched for a moment and I think it is a Hinoki Cypress ‘Chirimen’.

I know what it's called in Korean, but I'm not sure about the English (botanical) name. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for viewing!

Attachments

• 20230504_164223.jpg
    20230504_164223.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 81
  • 20230504_164238.jpg
    20230504_164238.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 20230504_164255.jpg
    20230504_164255.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 76

BrightsideB

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I have one too. I like them. They have such small foliage. Yours looks good.

Siabon

Seed
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Got this tree recently, just searched for a moment and I think it is a Hinoki Cypress ‘Chirimen’.

I know what it's called in Korean, but I'm not sure about the English (botanical) name. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for viewing!
Hello everyone,

Thanks for viewing!
20230706_115414.jpg
Hello everyone,

Thanks for viewing!
Hello. opus 1
I recently purchased this 'Chirimen.' I wish to work with and style it as a Mame or Shohin. I have found it difficult to find information on this specific Hinoki. Do you have ideas about how to prune and care for this specimen. Much of the information I've found is geared toward the 'Sekka Hinoki' instead of the 'Chirimen.'

opus1

Sapling
Reaction score
Hello. opus 1
I recently purchased this 'Chirimen.' I wish to work with and style it as a Mame or Shohin. I have found it difficult to find information on this specific Hinoki. Do you have ideas about how to prune and care for this specimen. Much of the information I've found is geared toward the 'Sekka Hinoki' instead of the 'Chirimen.'

Hello, Siabon.

The videos provided in the link below might be of assistance to you.

(Use English Subtitle)

(Use English Subtitle)

Siabon

Seed
Reaction score
Hello, Siabon.

The videos provided in the link below might be of assistance to you.

(Use English Subtitle)

(Use English Subtitle)
Thank You. I found these videos helpful.

ShimpakuBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I got a few of these and they are called Chamaecyparis Obtusa Chirimen and I think it is the same species as the so called Sekka Hinoki.

Top Bottom