Hinoki Featherleaf

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
That's cool!
How did you come across this one?? Looks almost like it was not from a nursery, is so, maybe neglected??
I like it.

RKatzin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes, this was a nursery tree, probably ten years now. They were expensive, I remember that. I paid $20 for it and it was broken off when a bigger tree got knocked over in a wind storm. The undamaged ones were $80.
I have always had it in a grow box. I have repotted a few times, trimming roots and putting it back into the same box. This is the first time I have done any reduction and downsized the box. Next step will be a nice MM Sourcebeats pot, couple of years down the road.
This has been one of my favorite trees to grow and the reddish tinge in the foliage is an extra bonus if you like trees with a little color. Funny thing is, I have never seen another around here, but I have Googled it and did get some info on the tree. Thanks for appreciating!

cbroad

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I like it too, pretty cool! Is it a fernspray (filicoides)? I've always thought they look pretty attractive for bonsai purposes, but have never seen any used.

Top Bottom