hints and tips for Malpighia emarginata and Buxus

brennobonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
I am a beginner in bonsai and I have these two plants that I am very doubtful about what to do with them. With Malpighia emarginata, I want to make a closed cup, but I accept any kind of suggestion and help. As for Buxus, I wanted to do it in the kabudachi / clump style, but I also don’t know how to start and I’m thinking about cutting the branch 2. Thanks to everyone who helps me. Sorry for bad english

brennobonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
Sou iniciante em bonsai e tenho essas duas plantas que tenho muitas dúvidas sobre o que fazer com elas. Com Malpighia emarginata, quero fazer uma xícara fechada, mas aceito qualquer tipo de sugestão e ajuda. Quanto ao Buxus, queria fazer no estilo kabudachi / clump, mas também não sei por onde começar e estou pensando em cortar o galho 2. Obrigado a todos que me ajudaram. Desculpe pelo ingles ruim20210128_114058.jpg20210128_114246.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would keep 4 and 1 here and remove the center all together. The remaining 2 are nicely different in size. It may take a while to fill in the center, but worth it.
20210128_114058.jpg

This "cup" I understand as a traditional broom style, "cupping" out the center to tighten up the broom.
20210128_114246.jpg

Don't know if the species will deal well with that work, seems a reasonable path if it will, though I like the low thick beginning branch, incorporating it via a different design may be nice if this species won't "cup" well.

Sorce

brennobonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
I would keep 4 and 1 here and remove the center all together. The remaining 2 are nicely different in size. It may take a while to fill in the center, but worth it.
View attachment 351436

This "cup" I understand as a traditional broom style, "cupping" out the center to tighten up the broom.
View attachment 351437

Don't know if the species will deal well with that work, seems a reasonable path if it will, though I like the low thick beginning branch, incorporating it via a different design may be nice if this species won't "cup" well.

Sorce
Thank you for helping me. I'll see what I can do here.👍👍

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thank you for helping me. I'll see what I can do here.👍👍

No hurry though.

There is a point where unwanted sections begin to ruin your design, up until that point they only add health.

Allow that to add health until it begins to ruin your final design. Few years if kept trimmed.

Sorce

Top Bottom