Hiow does one shut off the Karaoke Bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Bonsai Nut has become extremely painful to read for me.
The only way to start viewing messages that makes sense it to look at "What's New?". Then 70 % messages of this freaking Karaoke Bar come up plus a few bonsai ones. This is so bad on a bonsai forum that it is beyond believe to me. I have not found a way to make these utterly unwanted messages silent as it used to be a couple of weeks ago. Since this is so I will not frequent the forum anymore.

monza

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Walter please don't go away. I search new posts all the time, I never see the Karaoke Bar? Im sure you can set it up easily?

gergwebber

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I know right?
Im pretty sure you can ignore individuals, maybe we could ignore that whole forum when we are at "whats new"?
It is kind of sad that probably by the end of the election that forum will be the most highly used on the site.....
My theory is that this site is unique in that it brings lots of "lefties" and "tea... parteans? tea partisans?" all together under one forum

I stay outa there as I can piss off both groups equally well:D

PaulH

Omono
Reaction score
Bonsainut, I hope you heed this. Walter's posts are one of the best things here.

Then again, the kbar jerks will deny him validity because he only has 315 posts compared to their 1000's.

If Walter leaves, your forum becomes the karaoke bar.

Reaction score
Walter please don't go away. I search new posts all the time, I never see the Karaoke Bar? Im sure you can set it up easily?
Ever since the Melt down, the Bar Post has come up in the "What's New" section...
I am sure there is a way to turn it off... like it used to be...
As well as the 1-800-Flowers add that the page often defaults too...
Thinking about getting some of the Ladies at the BAR some flowers !!!
Only Joking :)

Reaction score
Bonsainut, I hope you heed this. Walter's posts are one of the best things here.

Then again, the kbar jerks will deny him validity because he only has 315 posts compared to their 1000's.

With all due respect... this Kbar Jerk would not deny anyone validity regardless of their amount of post !!!
You don't have to have a "post" to know Bonsai... Or a Kbar... :)
Perhaps if folks treated each other and their opposing points of views with more respect,
The bar would be a little quieter ??? Who Knows ???

gergwebber

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would reply to this but I am pretty sure everyone has already ignored me already

monza

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I guess I hit new posts, not whats new? I don't see it unless I go to the bar...

bob shimon

Mame
Reaction score
Paul brought up the issue of doing away with the kbar, which I totally support, a short time ago. After a lenghty discussion, the head bonsai nut ended the thread, but not before stating "it's all about the trees." As hard as I have tried, I can not find any relationship between the kbar and this site being "all about the trees." Actually, I didn't have to try very hard to see that there is no relationship at all and wish that it would go away.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nah - the karaoke bar doesn't drive people away!

Listen, if that place is going to be allowed to continue to exist - and it appears that is the case - 2 things need to happen:

(1) remove the karaoke bar posts from the "what's new" list, like it used to be, and

(2) make it so that the karaoke bar is only visible to members (i.e. once you're logged in). It's bad enough that it's there in the first place, but does anyone really think that garbage should be freely visible to the entire world?

Chris

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
This is a sad day, to see that we may have lost this most significant and meaningful contributor to this forum. I read a long ago thread on the AOB about bonsai forums in general and the problems/benefits they can have. I have noticed that some of the most knowledgable members have not been seen here in any depth for some time. Let's all hope that WP doesn't abandon this forum.

Like I said, it's a sad day. Perhaps it'll turn around, maybe it'll just die a slow death....

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a

Hey Paul you complain and then do this?????

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I agree with Walter regarding the inappropriateness of the KBar on a Bonsai site, although I admit sometimes I just can't help but look. It's rather like driving past a bad auto wreck on the highway: it's hard not to gawk as you go by. In any case, you get an "activity stream" when you click on "What's New", and this includes new posts to the KBar, listed individually. Clicking on "New Posts" gives the expected listing of threads with new posts. This does not include the offending KBar posts. I have not yet tried clearing all my cookies to see if that clears up "What's New".
Oliver

Si Nguyen

Omono
Reaction score

Hi PaulH, please keep the name-calling inside the KBar. If you want to call us/them "jerks" or whatever, then do it there. This section is not for insults. You're lucky, because if the thought police were here, they'd ban you already.
Peace! Brother.

PaulH

Omono
Reaction score
Hey Paul you complain and then do this?????

I assume you're referring to my use of the word "jerks". If so, you're right, It was below me and I apologize. Doesn't change my opinion about the appropriateness of the bar though.

I'm going to go work on a tree.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
The Karaoke Bar posts should be banished to the nether regions, as well as the Tea House. You should not see any posts on the front page, nor for that matter, in the "new posts" listing. If you wish to partake in these forums, you will need to navigate directly there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom