Hiya again remember me?

Austin

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi, it's been about a year sesne I started growing trees in containers and I was wondering if someone could help me with a photo gallery set up (I searched the site but saw nothing obvious) so that I could maybe get some pointers as to my next step (I'm assuming it's wooden training pots for two year old pre bonsai stock)

any input is useful to me so fire away

Austin

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I found this after 2 minutes of looking. The way I got there was to hit photo galleries at the top of the page. Then on the next page under the photo galleries button is a grey button that says my albums. Click it.
http://www.bonsainut.com/forums/photopost/useralbums.php

thanks much I found it immediately after making my second post, and decided to just upload them to face book all together instead of trying to host them here 5 at a time

the link is here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...251.1073741826.1355649646&type=1&l=095fe757d6

i have a public profile if you would like to comment on anything it may be best if you copy the image link to this thread and make the comment, just to keep the conversation in one place, but if you feel like posting to the face book image it's not a bother to me.

the 16 month (anything I say is a year old is 16 months) where what I started last year and are pictured at least twice in the album.

all of the 16 month plants where kept awake for 12 months before getting 4 months of sleep and went directly from a heated green house of 60 degrees to a cold room with a small window that was kept between 45-28 degrees for dormancy, the plants with a peat and rock mixture died over wintering, the plants in nothing but rock lived, as well as the ones in nothing but peat moss.

this year I did hydroponics because over 100 plants was getting a pain to water once a day by dunking them in a bucket of water 2 at a time.

all surviving stock except from my first year where from seed or cutting except 2, most of what died off was ordered from arbor day foundation.

I also have another 23 trees that I let wake up outdoors instead of using and indoor way point and they are doing much more poorly than the ones I had taken indoors to wake up

my main question is on what to do with these this coming summer as far as potting them, most of these are about 3 feet tall and in half gallon pots.

Last edited:

Stiple

Sapling
Reaction score
this year I did hydroponics because over 100 plants was getting a pain to water once a day by dunking them in a bucket of water 2 at a time.[/QUOTE said:
What style is that? Drip, ebb and flow, nft?

What type of nutrients and feeding schedule did you use over the year?

I've also had a hydro bonsai tree experiment running for over a year (two years this December), but rather smaller than yours.

How are the onions turning out?

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you have a greenhouse. Why would you not just set up a mister system to water your trees?

Top Bottom