Hmm, you know these forums are like School ................

Nwaite

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sorry guys... I'm really good at alot of thing but spelling... well let just say I spell as well as you make love. We all have our weaknesses. But like making love the more you do it the better you get.

Anyways what I was thinking is that they're two types of "artists " the kind that are naturally artistic and could just DO somthing with no help or instructions.

Then there's the type that need to be taught and can pick it up from a teacher (please don't be offended anyone)
They kind of "copy " others style. ...

I think every one has the natural quality for different things in there life. You just need to find it.

Now for me im a natural with music. I can pickup any instrument and with in a few minutes play my heart out.

After reading this thread It occurred to me that when it comes to art with plants I have been doing it for awile and I'm good at it... but when I started looking at others styles and trying to duplicate it "larn" it I was having a really hard time. I was confused and second guessing myself. But a few days ago I went ahead and styled a plant with out looking any thing up and my wiring was good and the plant looked nice. I didn't second guess my self. It was natural and come from me.. from my hart.

Sooo what I'm trying to get at I think...
Is that if you really injoy the art of bonsai and are having a hard time with it maybe your going at it the rong way. Maybe your trying to be the "rong" type of artist... your copying when you should not or your trying to do it alone when you need the inspiration of another.

I hope that this made some kind of sense to you all.

Nwaite

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
OK, I wasn't making fun of him, I misspell words too. I found sorce's post amusing in that epiphany was spelled right and the easy words were wrong, that's all.
No worries I find it amusing to... and if know says any thing i don't larn.

I have a good sense of humor and thick skin. Let the good time role!

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nwaite,

K's version is ------------- teach me the craft, and I will think about the philosophies ------ then I will do what comes from my imagination.

Happy Bonsai-ing.
Good Day
Anthony

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I spell as well as you make love.

Lol!
I wouldn't make fun of someone who wasn't an excellent human!

Nice comeback!
Great post!

Sorce

eferguson1974

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Dont the shapes of a tree tell you what has to be done? I mean what branches to cut if you fallow the "rules" more or less. The bends in the wire surely is art. But it seems like with a hundred equal trees, most would get the same stuff chopped off and end up in the same style. Like upright or cascade. If they were all the same or cookie cutter mallsai wouldnt we all do whats possible, with the tree dictating what to do? The wire and bends would probably vary quite a bit. But the structure? For instance cutting off crossing branches or far branches that dont go with the trunk kind of stuff. Wouldnt we all cut them off?

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
For the most part I don't know what " world class" bonsai looks like. I don't know what awards people have won. I only know if I like it or not.
I aim to have mature looking trees that follow the rules mostly but I enjoy a little quirkiness too.

Top Bottom