Hmm, you know these forums are like School ................

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
With regards to the recent topi on - Advanced Design

ever notice that some will suggest deep study and required effort.
Some will say, becareful, you might loose your soul.
[ been there done that ------------ if you have something say --------- it will be said ]

Solution is simple, go somewhere quiet, relax and think. YOU will resurface.

Then somehow Van Gogh, will get thrown in, very few actually study the man, his mental
problems, his insecurity, or that he spent at least a year and a half studying Fine Art
seriously.
The idea seems to be - Emotion - and everyone will respond to you as a genius.
EGO.

Poor guy must be turning in his grave.
So study little or nothing, and it will happen naturally.
Be brain lazy.
[ Wonder where those folk end up ? ]

There is much wisdom in something K taught me.

"The Intellect, the emotion and the craft."

It is the mixed balance of using these three that produces art,

BUT what keeps Bonsai a HOBBY is the tree, and it's growing, change and more change.
That is the secret, it allows you to live, and to learn to adapt, and in adapting, live well.

When you die, then you cease to exist.
BUT who cares, if you have lived and lived well ?????????????????

My next rant is on who has the bestest most expensive tools, or best imported tree
or oldest pot. Even though Orientals are known to discard inferior in their eyes stuff,
SIGH, China allows nothing over 100 years to leave the country legally.

Everytime I re-read the Masakuni / Murata book onTools / care, I wonder
how much we in the West, through our ignorance, have been set up.

You know K was in a Modern study class in 5th Form, and everytime you raised your
hand to discuss anything, the 4b guys [ known as the left over dummies ] who were
from a year before, would raise such a fuss.
They didn't want to study or learn.
Most of them took jobs cleaning the side of the road or the equivalent.

Bonsai / Tree Penjing, the Hobby that teaches mightily!!
Good Day
Anthony

fourteener

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Then somehow Van Gogh, will get thrown in, very few actually study the man, his mental
problems, his insecurity, or that he spent at least a year and a half studying Fine Art
seriously.
The idea seems to be - Emotion - and everyone will respond to you as a genius.
EGO.

Poor guy must be turning in his grave.
So study little or nothing, and it will happen naturally.
Be brain lazy.
[ Wonder where those folk end up ? ]

I never invited anyone to be lazy, it was a simple statement that certain people operate at levels that none of the rest of us ever will. Thus the reason that a Gold medal, Noble Peace Prize, Grammy or Oscar is a real honor to those who are gifted beyond their peers. It's not that everyone else was just lazy, some people are just that good. I think you missed my point.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Barack Obama won a Nobel Peace Prize.
To me, that puts this "Prize" on the same level as the "Prize" at the bottom of a Cracker Jack box.
Grammy or an Oscar? Awarded to the best pretender among a throng of pretenders......
Gold medal? As long as the Eastern Bloc, China and North Korea are not giving their athletes horse steroids.
Awards are like handshakes....you usually feel the need to wipe your hand off, at least I do.

I will say my plants share Van Gogh's mental insecurities......they are afraid of what I'll do to them next!!:cool:

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Understanding the fundamentals of the concepts at hand...will open up ones grasp to go further. I don't want cookie cutter bonsai on my bench. I want a bit more...I think to get better one must be willing to dig deeper than they have went before. You don't finish a race by standing still. One must put one foot in front of the other.

Last edited:

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Fourteener.

sadly Van Gogh, is the standard example for being emotional, and probably the most copied artist, since his work is so easy to duplicate.

No insult to you was intended, as I honestly didn't know it was you or anyone - MOST HUMBLE APOLOGIES - I just saw the name, Van Gogh,

I am of the opinion, anyone can achieve high levels, if given the chance, and there are no genetic or physical problems.

More and more on our side, we are coming to the solid belief that Bonsai / Tree Penjing is not an ART form nor was it meant to be.
It was meant for contemplation as Scholar stones are, to aid the mind in Painting, Poetry and Literature [ as the Chinese Scholars
used it. ]
In the older Chinese books it is listed as - garden craft
Then shipping sales took over $$$$$$$$$$$

I just wanted those new to Bonsai, to not end up spending $$$$ and then having no way to get back the $$$$$$$$$$$
Good Day
Anthony

* Ah Darlene , but what is a cookie cutter Bonsai ?:eek:
Somewhere out there, with x million Bonsaisst, someone is bound to have hit the same design as yours, possibly even with the same plant.
Teasing :):):):eek:

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Fourteener.

sadly Van Gogh, is the standard example for being emotional, and probably the most copied artist, since his work is so easy to duplicate.

No insult to you was intended, as I honestly didn't know it was you or anyone - MOST HUMBLE APOLOGIES - I just saw the name, Van Gogh,

I am of the opinion, anyone can achieve high levels, if given the chance, and there are no genetic or physical problems.

More and more on our side, we are coming to the solid belief that Bonsai / Tree Penjing is not an ART form nor was it meant to be.
It was meant for contemplation as Scholar stones are, to aid the mind in Painting, Poetry and Literature [ as the Chinese Scholars
used it. ]
In the older Chinese books it is listed as - garden craft
Then shipping sales took over $$$$$$$$$$$

I just wanted those new to Bonsai, to not end up spending $$$$ and then having no way to get back the $$$$$$$$$$$
Good Day
Anthony

* Ah Darlene , but what is a cookie cutter Bonsai ?:eek:
Somewhere out there, with x million Bonsaisst, someone is bound to have hit the same design as yours, possibly even with the same plant.
Teasing :):):):eek:
Lol I just mean...I don't want each of my trees looking alike. That's all. Like in an allotment where all the houses are the same.

eferguson1974

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Anthony, you hit the nail on the head. Forums are like school. You have to wade through bullies, know it alls, the rich that just buy whatever and brag that there's is the best, "teachers" that insult the word teach, and a few good folks. Im not talking a out anyone specific. Its the nature of the human beast. The good folks know who they are and the not so good will always try to beat us down. Thats ok, the not good, unhelpfull types are easy to ignore. So keep on being a good one, doing the right thing. I understand, its not easy for some. For others, its hard to understand not doing the right thing. I feel sorry for bullies and the ones who have all the "best" but have to rub it in the faces of those who have less. Some need to learn a lot more than bonsai! Id rather stay good at heart and "poor" than a rich snob with everything they think they need but have a heart of stone. Yes, forums are full of all types. We just need to find the good ones! Sadly there are too few..

Nwaite

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
... and masterbaters.
Whhaaaat....

It just go freaky up in here!

You all wanna see some pictures it took the other day.... or are we not getting that wird?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@eferguson1974 ...I guess I'm having trouble putting names to your catagories...when I joined a few years back...maybe. It sure has mellowed since then. I honesty can't place names to all your classifications. Pondering if my name goes there then. Scratching head...

eferguson1974

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@eferguson1974 ...I guess I'm having trouble putting names to your catagories...when I joined a few years back...maybe. It sure has mellowed since then. I honesty can't place names to all your classifications. Pondering if my name goes there then. Scratching head...
No, and its not about classification. Some folks who could contribute to a subject because they know what there talking about but instead say negative things such as insults or comments aimed to belittle others with less experiance. Its not just here, the other forums I joined to learn from such as two about aquaponics have the same types who know a lot but contribute little of substance. Often those who are good at something on forums, like school and life, are not good teachers is what Im getting at. If I dislike something on a forum or cant contribute a construction criticism, I dont comment. Why try to be negative about a tree? Theres criticism that helps and then theres some that seem aimed at being insulting. And since Ive never read an ugly post from Anthony, he has always helpfull IMO.He can tell someone that something sucks with polite wording that doesnt aim at making one feel stupid for asking. How many people posted once and felt ridiculed and gotnput off something and never got a chance to learn? Like Anthony said, its like school and I agree. Sometimes uglyness comes before learning, and can come from the "teacher". Like school.. This is NOT aimed at anyone particular, more an observation about life maybe.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Understanding the fundamentals of the concepts at hand...will open up ones grasp to go further. I don't want cookie cutter bonsai on my bench. I want a bit more...I think to get better one must be willing to dig deeper than they have went before. You don't finish a race by standing still. One must put one foot in front of the other.
When people make this statement I have to laugh.

People that make these kinds of statements have no idea what it takes to make a worldclass cookie cutter bonsai.

Kunio Kobayashi makes some damn nice cookie cutter bonsai.
2 KOBAYASHI-1.jpg 8.jpg 09 Collection 2 Kobayashi.jpg img203_file-1.jpg

Geo

Chumono
Reaction score
Todos Santos,Baja Sur Elev56M 23.46N 110.24W
USDA Zone
11+

MichaelS

Masterpiece
Reaction score
But the very fact that the words cookie cutter are applied to some bonsai means that some people see them that way....all the same.. Why do people go on holiday? They wanna see something different.
All quite normal.

armetisius

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Whhaaaat....

It just go freaky up in here!

You all wanna see some pictures it took the other day.... or are we not getting that wird?

We ain't never getting that weird up in here.
Not and everyone keep down their last meals.

Top Bottom