Hola Everyone!

Moridin

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
New around here and to bonsai but the hook has been set šŸ˜

I had been looking for a new creative hobby. A friend suggested this and I now hate them for it lol.

I've built hot rods and metalwork for a long time but wanted a change so now little trees lol

1605127707156-249655881.jpg16051277767161809344725.jpg

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
welcome and i hear you. im a little OCD with hobbies and this one gets ya for sure. former VW guy, 4runner (both heavily modified) surfing, etc. enjoy and badass flames!!!!

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Welcome! Embrace it - and don't get discouraged! If I had advice to give to anyone starting out - you're going to kill a lot of trees in the beginning. It's ok - everyone does. But you will get to the point where you are making many, many more trees than you kill. I am currently working with 20 junipers that I grew from cuttings... perhaps 10 years ago. They are getting to be big!!

Keep your beginner photos, because you will enjoy seeing your progression over time. Not just in terms of keeping trees alive, but in terms of being able to look at your trees and understand what you're looking at. Enjoy the voyage! I still am!

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score
Iā€™m also a beginner with a couple months of work and watching videos like 10 hours a day and loving bonsai (bone-sigh) for a couple years. Here on the forms is the best advice and I had people send me gifts before

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Fair enough, burying them in the ground to overwinter would be a good idea. Just protect from wind .Keep soldiering on...

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Offerings of bread and wine at the gates, traveler. I see the you have succumbed to the lure of the Woody Dwarveā€™s ā€œSiren Songā€... your wandering has led you here.. to the TinyForest.

Here lies a living Spring of shared knowledge and experience...drink deeply when you need... offer drink when you are able...

Pleasure to make your acquaintance.

šŸ¤“

(Nice Airbrush(?) Work!)

Top Bottom