Holes in Buttonwood Leaves

Maveri9720

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
Hey all. Just had a quick question, as I've noticed quite a few holes in my two buttonwood tree leaves over the past two weeks or so. Both trees are very healthy and growing well. I've looked over/under the leaves and around the trees and haven't noticed any pests other than ants. I don't see any aphids or anything else usually associated with the presence of ants either. The leaves are green and healthy, no wilting, shriveling, yellowing or dropping of leaves. Does anyone have any info about what may be causing this and a remedy for it? BTW, pay no attention to the white residue on the leaves, as it's calcium residue from the nursery where I bought them from due to their well water they use for watering. New leaves don't have it and it rubs off fairly easily from the older leaves and is fading on its own.

Any help or info is much appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• Buttonwood Pest 1.jpg
    Buttonwood Pest 1.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 24
  • Buttonwood Pest 2.jpg
    Buttonwood Pest 2.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 24

NOZZLE HEAD

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I don’t see any pests or diseases being frequent with buttonwood, and those lesions look most like some generalist insects just having a taste and moving on.

Maveri9720

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
Thanks for your response, as I certainly appreciate it. I'll continue to keep an eye on them and hopefully this clears up soon.

Top Bottom