Honest opinion any potential for this Aamir maple I collected growing between rocks at a private lak

Elyah

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Or should I put it in ugly thread Lol !nebari growing sideways left to right wedge between rocks

Attachments

• IMG_1415.JPG
    IMG_1415.JPG
    228.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1416.JPG
    IMG_1416.JPG
    309.9 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1397.JPG
    IMG_1397.JPG
    295.1 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1399.JPG
    IMG_1399.JPG
    256.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1401.JPG
    IMG_1401.JPG
    293.6 KB · Views: 103

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Honestly....

Every tree has potential..

The real question is how long will it take to do what kind of work to make it tell a true story.

Just start doing the work and if you find a better one...

Swaparoo!

Sorce

Elyah

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Honestly....

The real question is how long will it take to do what kind of work to make it tell a true story.

Just start doing the work and if you find a better one...

Swaparoo!

Sorce
Well said source makes a lot of sense I will definitely do that I've been collecting a few trees and see what happens it's just my vision isn't there I'm quite new at this just wondering from a more experienced folks like you and others thanks!

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've come to the conclusion this just isn't true.
Like that monstrous elm clump I collected a couple years ago.
It's never going to be a bonsai. It's too weird to lend itself to looking like an actual tree. Or clump of trees.
This tree might be more of the same. It seems like maybe but when you get right down to it what can be done with it.
As for that elm?
I'm planting it in the ground next weekend and use it for an air layer factory in a couple years.

Elyah

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Frary This is my thinking might keep it in pot for a few weeks or month to recover so I can keep it in the shade and I probably will plant it somewhere in my yard see what develops and just do a airlayer later down the line

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Frary This is my thinking might keep it in pot for a few weeks or month to recover so I can keep it in the shade and I probably will plant it somewhere in my yard see what develops and just do a airlayer later down the line
You may be able to just keep it in a bucket and dismantle it from there. But if it's in the ground it'll get fatter faster for juicier layers.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm planting it in the ground next weekend and use it for an air layer factory in a couple years.

You see....that IS its potential!

If it's a tree I dont have and want....
I'll grab it knowing I can at least airlayer A part for free....rather than buying a $35 sapling of the same tree....with a shitty Nebari.

Some things may equate to a waste of time....
(like elm seedlings in a yard with an elm)
But there is always potential.

Grab it if you don't have it!
Unless your trump....then dont grab it!

Sorce

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
For future reference: never collect a tree unless you've got a plan for it. Collecting without an actual styling plan just doesn't work.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Yes, a clump style seems a very good option.

With love ("Amour" in French, not to be confused the the river "Amur"), I'm pretty sure that you can make it a very good bonsai, Amir. Er, Elyah.

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Just leave it in the pot and wait until winter to decide once you see it without leaves.

Top Bottom