Hoping to see pics of people's all-time favorite(s)*unique* pots/slabs/untraditional-styled (including deep cascade!) containers, need ideas for mine!

SU2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I'm attaching a picture of some very beautiful (IMO!) containers ('stoneware' I believe I was told) I saw in a Mirai video, anyways I've got a couple of specimen that are just so weird that I think they'd be best-suited in their own unique containers and am looking for inspiration & ideas of 'non-traditional' containers, any sort would be of interest however just for context I should mention that I've been making mortar pots (using forms) but I'm good at working w/ cement and have a ton of styrofoam & lathe, am intending to use a wooden frame with some styrofoam 'core' (in non-load-bearing parts!) that I wrap in lathe and do a faux-rock finish, although my intent isn't to mimic a natural mountainside it's to have it look more like it was real stone but was 'carved'/chiseled/etc into shape. Have practiced 'cement coloring' post-cure to get the coloration to look like real rocks down OK (will need more practice before doing the finish on this particular piece but haven't made its form yet!) so at this point I'm just sketching and sketching....am a huge fan of Brutalism and am aiming for a 'clunkier' container, of the two I want to make one is for a ~10" trunked tree that's got an interesting trunk-line that I'll be 'complementing' with the lines of the container but no matter how much I sketch I'm just not feeling comfortable enough to build my form yet...

Thanks a ton for sharing any&all 'unique' containers, here's the aforementioned example that I'm just in-love with, am half-thinking of making a basic box shape, having protruding 'slabs' on the corners like this one, but just can't conceptualize it, would love to see other 'unique-style'-but-awesome containers anyone would share with me :D Thanks again!!

From a Mirai video:
crete pots2 bonsai mirai.png

From an artist who I'm trying to find the name for but cannot...this is one of MANY he creates, all are very impressive!
bonsai110.jpg

Top Bottom