Hornbeam airlayer

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What a great tree. Very unique. Even with the trunk being of almost the same thickness from top to bottom, it works so well with all that wiggle.

I feel like a lotus round, or something round and deeper than typically. I like seeing trees with an uncomfortable extension past the pots center of gravity.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What a great tree. Very unique. Even with the trunk being of almost the same thickness from top to bottom, it works so well with all that wiggle.

I feel like a lotus round, or something round and deeper than typically. I like seeing trees with an uncomfortable extension past the pots center of gravity.
Thx.

I like it too. Just in storms it is a little topheavy :)

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
View attachment 330953
2020 is proving to be a MUCH better year for my trees. Not travelling for work, home 24/7 for about 6 months now, and switching to rain water .. Healthy trees.

This summer image is telling me.. Time to start looking for a pot.

Any suggestions?
Quick question, do you water from above, with rain water or tap water? Or only water soil?

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Quick question, do you water from above, with rain water or tap water? Or only water soil?
I mostly use rainwater now (got 2 500l barrels). Also have a groundwater pump.

On hot dry periods I water besides the pots, also the plants. In normal conditions only the conifers get a shower.

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Taking pictures really shows what you miss just looking at the tree. The top needs a bit of thinning, so the bottom can keep up. I do like where this is going. Getting less wire now.
View attachment 374506
Tell me about it. How frustrating.

Ill be pleased with a tree, know what needs doing, but all good. Take pics. Look at them before posting; "ah crap... looks rubbish now".

Top Bottom