Hot Sauce?

PeteMoss

Seedling
Reaction score
I was eating lunch today and my colleague started talking about hot sauces - this one is good, that one is terrible etc. I was baffled. I agree that there barely noticeable differences between brands but for the most part they all taste exactly the same. The guy in question actually had a hot sauce collection (other than that he's a great guy). I can understand someone being into beer or something along those lines, but hot sauce?

LEAVESOFGRASS

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
1000% agree. If you have to use hot sauce, you likely don't know how to cook anyways. Hot sauce people are the worst. They remind me of wine people as if expensive wine tastes any better than a $10 bottle. It's all a marketing ploy to charge more money. Back to your question....no, I don't think there is a distinct flavor difference between hot sauces.

PeteMoss

Seedling
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. There is no difference whatsoever betweeen Texas Pete and Tabasco. This guy was acting like they were like water and wine. How much time do you have on your hands if you have a hot sauce collection?

PeteMoss

Seedling
Reaction score
General Discussion is clearly the right thread for this. If you are new here there are a set of rules at the top - please follow.

LEAVESOFGRASS

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
This is general discussion. Someone tried to tell me I was posting on the wrong thread too. There are already too many threads on this forum. Why not post all in the same one?

LEAVESOFGRASS

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Jesus ....can we please just discuss the topic instead of arguing which website we're using. We're on bonsainut, not treehouse. It's ruining the discussions on here.

PeteMoss

Seedling
Reaction score
Wait - I looked for the tree house and couldn't find it.

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I do think sauces are different... to some people the spicyness kills all the flavour of the rest of the food. But to people that can handle spicier hot sauces it most certainly makes a difference. Some are made from jalapeños, habaneros etc... Even the tabasco green and red sauce are way different.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ahhhhh.......the horse being yourself ........take it greasy, toolbag!!:rolleyes:

LEAVESOFGRASS

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I do think sauces are different... to some people the spicyness kills all the flavour of the rest of the food. But to people that can handle spicier hot sauces it most certainly makes a difference. Some are made from jalapeños, habaneros etc... Even the tabasco green and red sauce are way different.

Green and red is a good example. But hot sauce verde uses different peppers so that's different.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
As far as I can tell, Mr. Moss and Mr. Grass have yet to post anything bonsai related at Bnut...shocking, I know. As to the rest of their postings, I find myself ..... wanting.
http://www.bonsainut.com/threads/too-many-forums.21443/
http://www.bonsainut.com/threads/ot...r-can-you-visually-see-another-fighter.24861/
There's more, but the quality tails off even more...
Come on fellas, there's more to life then living in your mother's basement. Get out there and do something with your life. You both seem well spoken...maybe you guys could be greeters at Walmart...assuming you have all your teeth?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You both seem well spoken...maybe you guys could be greeters at Walmart...assuming you have all your teeth?

This is confusing....

I thought missing teeth was a requirement....

Sorce

Top Bottom