Houston! We have Absolutely No Problems!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well @thumblessprimate1 had to end up being from Dallas, so it killed the punch of the title....

I want to stress here how important it is for people to post any and everything, no matter how embarassing or repetitive, and no matter how shy you may be.
(I got your back!)

If it wasn't for TP posting...
I wouldn't have remembered to use the, "saw almost thru" technique on this branch to the right. Not the old visible cut, you can see the moon shaped piece of cambium there where the cut is at the trunk.

That whole branch has to come off, and this technique should help me keep it from looking like I carved a Meat and Two Veg into the front of my tree.
aviary-image-1489244242483.jpeg
The left branch was bent over, in an attempt to graft it up that seam @JoeR got me thinking about.

And of course @markyscott gets credit for the grafting itself, although it IS TP's grafting posts that made me do it!

Putting the dots together....

I lost a little shoot on the sawed through branch right away...it lost all its connection...
But the big branch is still good.

I ripped the seam graft branch bending it over, and near cut in in half to expose cambium...and the top of it is still alive.

So my little dead teller feller told me the rest is good to go.

This is also the second time @Tentakelaertje has inspired me to keep at something...and go the extra step.

So I want to thank you all.

Oh, I almost forgot about the best part!

Combination repot, graft work, prepping other branches for grafts, lotta misting and the heat back on.....

Has this thing Bumping up all over the trunk.
Almost makes me want to hack it down..

But I won't....

Cuz you'se have also taught me patience!

Sorce

Top Bottom