How big is too big for a BC?

Trenthany

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
Nah, it is a baby, really. Two cuts with a spade and the thing will pop right out.
Oh, wait, that was the other thread :)
Size matters not. Imagine what Yoda could do with bonsai... no tools needed. That crazy bugger would would do it the hard way just because of the lesson though.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What is the water level fluctuation in a year?

I'd tie some floats on it when the water is low, as low as possible, and figure a way to float it out when the water is high.

You ever see a crane on a barge?

Do that in miniature. 2 canoes with a picnic table top tied across in that same U shape like your bench, pull in, crank up, pull out. Simple!

Sorce

Trenthany

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
What is the water level fluctuation in a year?

I'd tie some floats on it when the water is low, as low as possible, and figure a way to float it out when the water is high.

You ever see a crane on a barge?

Do that in miniature. 2 canoes with a picnic table top tied across in that same U shape like your bench, pull in, crank up, pull out. Simple!

Sorce
This area is up a hill. In January to March it will be low until late summer like now usually. It won’t get higher than the original picture thankfully. So I will able to drive right up to the near side of the “pond” 5’ away from it when I ever do decide to go for it. Luckily my properties are all full of trails. So excepting a couple swamps I can drive within say 20 yards of anything I want to collect at this point.

Bonsai Turtle

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
This area is up a hill. In January to March it will be low until late summer like now usually. It won’t get higher than the original picture thankfully. So I will able to drive right up to the near side of the “pond” 5’ away from it when I ever do decide to go for it. Luckily my properties are all full of trails. So excepting a couple swamps I can drive within say 20 yards of anything I want to collect at this point.
so...did you get it?

Top Bottom