How can i take care of it?

alou97

Seed
Reaction score
Hi, i'm new at taking care of bonsais. I have a chinese juniperus. Can i keep it inside? How do I take care of it?

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Welcome.
keep it outside. (where are you?) water it when it is almost dry. watch for signs of bugs... read many articles about bonsai care...
Good luck.

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Can i keep it inside?
NO

bonsai is an outside sport... beyond that.... do what Judy suggests.... get ur googling fingers ready and be prepared to read... if you still feel up to it after that.... find a bonsai club locally... join it... and ask lots of questions

alou97

Seed
Reaction score
I am in quebec canada. Im scared it will dye of cold

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Go to Jardain Botanique in Montreal. It has some of the best bonsai found anywhere. It also has a lot of junipers. Outside.

There is a very active bonsai society in Montreal.

alou97

Seed
Reaction score
Thanks, i didnt think of that. An other question, i watered it this morning with tap water, is it going to kill it? I forgot that i had to use bottle water

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
If you can drink it so can your tree. Ordinary water is fine....

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
it is however important that you read to it.... junipers like the classics... Shakespeare and Bacon .... Poe tends to turn them a tell-tale brown color

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Hey, guys alou is new here and may take you seriously... everyone knows that a nice chianti goes well with anything.

Alou, good reading, lots of it for you to do...

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey, guys alou is new here and may take you seriously... everyone knows that a nice chianti goes well with anything.

Alou, good reading, lots of it for you to do...

Judy, Judy, Judy, Quebecers drink beer, and it would follow so would Quebec oriented Bonsais!

Alou, the best way to keep that Juniper green and maintemance free in Quebec would be to have it dipped in an acrylic resin, then it could even be kept indoors forever, other than that keep it outdoors! Just mulch up over the rim of the pots over the winter months and maybe build a small box over them to keep the hard freeze from the roots, eh. :)

Welcome to B-Nut, watch out for JudyB though she is a mean sumna-biotch! Naw, most people who frequent here are very nice and helpful, and have studied and learned much about the art, or is it an addiction, called Bonsai. Seriously though they are willing to help and are qualified enough to trust, just look at some of the Bonsai these guys have shown here.

ed

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
If this came recently from a store tossing it outside in Quebec may kill it, unless you are warmer than freezing( I know your winter has been screwy too). Keep it in a very bright location, as cool as possible, and come spring bring it out, and look into winter care for the rest of it's life.

Oh ya, throw away the care instructions you may have had, and check it daily to see if it needs to be watered, from the top as a house plant would, the ol soak it once a week and put it on the tv is a good way to kill it.

Top Bottom