How do I hide this?

treepirate

Sapling
Reaction score
This. Who knows? Thirty years it might just ground layer itself. ;)
Had one with the same graft union, some ok roots....but yeah, they just don't match up, ever.....Killed it a couple years ago at re-pot. Looked like it was in the pot for ages with heavily compacted soil....and almost no roots. Should have gently teased but most just fell away.....🤔:(

So, I figure I'll try something more expensive to intensify the focus. Surprising how much money you can save not having to pay the babysitter for close to a year and about the same with no restaurant slaughters of the drink list......

Corkers don't seem as vigorous as a standard JBP. Is this so?
Are these genuine prices you lads in USA pay?
Some fantastic trees but some of the prices are a touch salty?

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I don't know anyone with that kind of money for trees. I suppose there are some, but they don't associate with blokes like me.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Are these genuine prices you lads in USA pay?
Prices are tricky thought.. I am always surprised at the prices some trees have at the trophy. And from personal contacts I do know that the sort of prices shown on the website are also asked, and gotten, for the best trees on the market in Europe.

I doubt many people pay that sort of money for the trees on the website (Or on any website, to be fair! I would want to see the tree in person). At first sight, these seem to be a step below the price they ask; they do not look like top-level trees?

clem

Chumono
Reaction score
IMO if you decide to buy such a tree, the best is to accept (& enjoy) its characteristics & peculiarities.
A very old one, in the Kokufu48 (1974) : the narrow base is perfectly shown & assumed, the tree is a strange but impressive living sculpture ->
page28.jpg

Top Bottom