How do you like my scratch made budget stands

Eddy

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Built me some stands to get my trees off the ground. Total cost per stand is around $27

Attachments

• IMG_5213.JPG
    IMG_5213.JPG
    352 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_5214.JPG
    IMG_5214.JPG
    446.4 KB · Views: 95

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Looks better than my benches. Which are old milk crates stacked under a 2"x12"x10' plank.
I'm scared of "monkey poles", too many clumsy animals around my house.... a deer would try to eat my trees and knock them down....or my dog would slam into one at full speed, as he chases falling leaves and squirrels.
Or a huge bird would land on my trees and knock them down...
Something bad would happen, if I did that...

Eddy

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Looks better than my benches. Which are old milk crates stacked under a 2"x12"x10' plank.
I'm scared of "monkey poles", too many clumsy animals around my house.... a deer would try to eat my trees and knock them down....or my dog would slam into one at full speed, as he chases falling leaves and squirrels.
Haha the only thing I really have to worry about is strong winds. As right behind me in these pic she there about a 400acre field and we see high winds all the time. Usually are 10-25mph winds constantly.

watchndsky

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

you aint kidding - ive got hawks, owls, deer, dogs, coyotes - all waiting to knock something like that over.

knowing my luck it would be me that toppled it though- dragging a hose around carelessly or backing up to see a tree at eye level or something.

Eddy

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
you aint kidding - ive got hawks, owls, deer, dogs, coyotes - all waiting to knock something like that over.

knowing my luck it would be me that toppled it though- dragging a hose around carelessly or backing up to see a tree at eye level or something.
It's a lot harder to knock over than you think. It weighs 500 lbs each

watchndsky

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It has a masonry adhesive to make them all bonded together.
good idea

i like the slab tops too - i have some large slabs from a garden pond tear down saved that i keep thinking ill get around to using.

Top Bottom