How do you think I should fix this boxwood?

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It doesn't look like it's broken.

Saddler

Chumono
Reaction score
The pics are in orders from the first pic, the day I bought it, to its first trim shortly after. The filled out night shot was mid October. The last four are of the two choices for front.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
People say these grow slow, mine grows pretty Damn well, and the leaves can get so small, I think a lot of people leave these to big....in fear they will never grow a new piece out.

Peace out to that shit....

I'm gonna @BobbyLane , so you can research what I mean when I say,
Bobbylane the shit out of that trunk...

I wouldn't be afraid to slowly bring it to here....aviary-image-1480648171478.jpeg

And Bobbylane the shit out of that trunk!

And keep it there.

Oh....practice carving shit trunks...or the top section first....perfect it....then do your tree...

All I do is mess up trunks. Or, make canoes!

Sorce

Saddler

Chumono
Reaction score
Sorce, I like your style. I have been considering something similar, but instead cutting the trunk just a little higher, just above the new shoots in the center, but below the T-bar branches. Using the shoot as the apex.

I am more likely to do something towards what you suggest as the idea of practicing carving is enticing.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
People say these grow slow, mine grows pretty Damn well, and the leaves can get so small, I think a lot of people leave these to big....in fear they will never grow a new piece out.

Peace out to that shit....

I'm gonna @BobbyLane , so you can research what I mean when I say,
Bobbylane the shit out of that trunk...

I wouldn't be afraid to slowly bring it to here....View attachment 124815

And Bobbylane the shit out of that trunk!

And keep it there.

Oh....practice carving shit trunks...or the top section first....perfect it....then do your tree...

All I do is mess up trunks. Or, make canoes!

Sorce
I like this drastic pruning. Nice thinking Sorce. I see what it can do and sort of where it might go.....sort of anyway. I've always wondered what happens a few seasons after this type of drastic pruning? ...what happens to the tree's growth and direction. Does it end up as a much shorter tree....much, much shorter than before the chop? Does a tree every become larger again? Not many progressions follow all the way through....to the future. Oh...I am just the curious type....who has ground growing trees to chop...and not sure about where to chop yet...or if to chop.

Top Bottom