How long do i leave my seeds in a bag after they germinate?

Dean.W.

Seed
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am very new to growing seeds. I recently brought a beginners kit and the instructions said to place in a bag for 2-3 weeks, then place in the refrigerator. just under 3 weeks and one of my seeds has geminated. Im guessing i dont put this in the fridge, but how long do i leave it in the bag for? What do i do if it needs to come out of the bag? simple questions i know, but i am finding it hard to get information of this part of the process.

Rodrigo

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
What kind of seeds are they? Once seeds are germinated you can plant them in a seed starting mix from your local store or if they're pines, you can go along with anyone's Japanese Black Pine contest for some tips on growing them from seed. I especially recommend @markyscott's thread for guidance

Dean.W.

Seed
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. Im not sure to be honest it said mixed seeds on the packet. so i would be able to pot up the seeds that have germinated now? thank you i will check out the information from him.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I always sow seeds directly in the substrate and put the pots outside (I do however sow seeds in winter, and not in summer). The hole baggy thing feels just overcmplicating things to me.

Top Bottom