How Should I Style My Ficus ??

mouzi4us

Seedling
Reaction score
Hello Friends

These are the pics of my ficus since last year and Now , how am i supposed to prune and style this ficus to be prettier and better year by year !!

Plz show me which branches should be cut off , and tell me specifically what to do
4v6t_new_-_copy.jpg

Attachments

• old.JPG
    old.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 66

James H

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I would start by getting it into a pot with some bonsai type soil. Something that will be coarse enough to encourage root development, allow air flow and maintain moisture. There are lots of different soil mix recipes out there you should be able to take one down to a garden center and find the ingredients. Then I would let the tree sit in good light with you watering it when it needs it till you see the first new leaves. While you are waiting for this to happen check out some youtube videos on Ficus and get an idea of how and when to cut.
Once the tree gets that new flush of growth and they are all dark green and healthy looking you can start working on branch choice and defoliation to increase the ramification for this tree. I would bet it would be three years for this tree to really coming into it own and look great. I already looks good and healthy so you are off to a good start.

Nwaite

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The bottom of this type of ficus freaks me out....

Woodland Spirit

Chumono
Reaction score
I'd take out the central leader and prune back the new growth to get some branching(ramification).
Just my thoughts.
I'm not the most experienced at this.

You may get some flack over the type of ficus you have. Some people hate them, other people love them.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
OP hasn't been seen since July 2015...

Top Bottom