How this Forum works

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
BonsaiNut is always looking for bonsai to share with its members. In order for a bonsai to be chosen for Bonsai of the Month, it will be evaluated on the following criteria:

1) Horticultural Aspects (including species, health and general quality of care)
2) Aesthetic Aspects (including general appearance, style, silouette, container & accessories)
3) History (bonsai with interesting histories or stories will sometimes be featured that might be lacking in other technical areas)
4) Availability of Materials (bonsai with historical photos, technique photos, tutorial examples, etc, will be prioritized over bonsai without these materials)

If chosen, we will contact the bonsai owner and ask if they would be willing to provide an article for BonsaiNut. General outline will include:

1) History of the bonsai (original source, evolution while in the owner's possession, etc)
2) Species and general species care
3) Training / pruning for this specific tree (including commentary on style)
4) Description of pot & accessories

Beyond this general outline, people can add other information they feel would be interesting / relevant. Let the nominations begin!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bonsai Nut Welcome to the Phoenix Bonsai Society club forum! Phoenix Bonsai Society 4
markyscott Pests & Disease Forum? Site Feedback and Suggestions 7
Admin Welcome to the Toronto Bonsai Society club forum! Toronto Bonsai Society 8
Mike Corazzi Uh-oh... I think I posted in the wrong forum. ....but..... possible literati Pines 10
Adair M Suggestion for “Regional” forum sections Site Feedback and Suggestions 27
P Why is Our Selling Forum So Dead General Discussion 35
エドガー Where to post/ask Niwaki related questions? Is there a Niwaki sub-forum? Also, any recommendations for Japanese garden maintenance/pruning in SoCal? General Discussion 0
SniffingKrylon New to forum, bonsai and glad you guys are here! General Discussion 18
namnhi An idea for a new forum section. Air layer Acer Palmatum-Mikawa Yatsubusa General Discussion 7
P New to the forum, please read. General Discussion 25
Cadillactaste What I "LOVE" about the forum is... General Discussion 24
Bonsai Nut Forum Rules The Six Year Japanese Black Pine Contest 0
Bonsai Mike Lurked long enough greetings Bonsai Nut Forum New to Bonsai 37
Ingvill Newbie to forum & Bonsai: To be or not to be a Zelkova? New to Bonsai 18
moss Enjoying this forum New to Bonsai 14
J Forum help with an introduction for yamadori hunting? Maybe? General Discussion 15
E I'm new to bonsai and this forum use with experience could you recommend me a website nursery Maples 49
Y New to bonsai. New to forum. New to yamadori. New to Bonsai 19
herzausstahl Progressions forum Site Feedback and Suggestions 6
ConorDash Random forum pages inaccessible Site Feedback and Suggestions 27
Cattwooduk New to the forum... I have questions! New to Bonsai 16
AZbonsai Penjing Forum Site Feedback and Suggestions 52
Mike Corazzi Looking for ROOTBOUND education via a post in a different forum. General Discussion 1
J New to forum. Bonsai beginner. My collection. pic dump. General Discussion 14
O New to the forum! Couple of questions.. New to Bonsai 14
B Was Contest Forum sorted out? Site Feedback and Suggestions 2
Aiki_Joker Great forum and air layering Bourgainvillea! New to Bonsai 18
eferguson1974 a ficus forum Site Feedback and Suggestions 5
R A Forum Member In Stress Site Feedback and Suggestions 13
Cypress187 Forum rank(s) / Karma. Site Feedback and Suggestions 129
Smoke Reading the forum more easily? General Discussion 10
N Suggestion: Be able to block/ignore forum threads Site Feedback and Suggestions 15
Cypress187 Forum theme (colors) Site Feedback and Suggestions 4
Dave E new to the forum New to Bonsai 4
Disgruntled_ficus Change the forum "leaf" General Discussion 43
Cadillactaste You would think...Apple products of spam would go in the fruit forum Site Feedback and Suggestions 4
DougB New Forum????? General Discussion 16
Bonsai Nut This forum NO LONGER MODERATED Announcements 0
Iamtheuniballer Is there an easy way to see comments on your posts easily on this forum? General Discussion 11
J new to the forum, just saying hello. New to Bonsai 11
Iamtheuniballer Is there an iPad app out there that makes reading this forum easier than a browser? Site Feedback and Suggestions 2
Iamtheuniballer Where is the best place/forum on Bonsai Nut to ask for some help identifying a plant? General Discussion 23
BillyBonesBonsai new to the forum. General Discussion 11
R new to bonsai nut forum and in raising my bonsai tree: all help appreciated. New to Bonsai 10
D New to forum, Bonsai cultivation, and Olive question. New to Bonsai 7
Smoke The Discussion Forum v. Blogs General Discussion 49
Vance Wood What is going on with the forum?????? General Discussion 17
pmalelis Has anyone on the forum successfully rooted JWP via cuttings? Pines 2
Angelique14 Hello new to forum from New York New to Bonsai 30
Angelique14 Hi all new to the forum Other Conifers 3